*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752634-Everyone-Struggles
Rated: 13+ · Article · Religious · #1752634
My personal views on depression and how I try to push through everyday life.
So many depressed people in the world, or so-called depressed people. I classify as one of those people and it's strange to think of how other people are like me. In the same place. Feeling the same thing. But of course my problems are worse and their problems are way more drastic. It's always a competition in the sake of life. What in fact is depression? Is there anyone out there that actually just thinks that its not a clinical disease, that maybe it's just a way of life that people need to learn to suck up and get over? It's the way you look at things, the way the world spins. People face different aspects of scenarios that are hard to cope with but the real hero of life is one who can put up with it without classifying their self as depressed. I wish I could suck it up and be one of those 'heroes.'
Depression is just an other name kids throw around these days. Children saying, "that's so gay" is equivalent to them saying "I'm so depressed." I hate it, I hate the feeling of it. So fix it, simple, right? Nothing is simple, if it was life would be like a movie you watch over and over again, the same beginning for everyone and the same ending. It's not fun knowing what life will turn out to be, people planning their life is not right. Easier said then done, I know. I'm at the 'freaking out' stage of my life, where it would be nice to know what I'll be doing in ten years or where I will be. But you have to realize at some point it's not up to you to plan it, it's not your decision. In the long run you trying to plan your future is like trying to play God. Disagree with me, it's OK, but I bet you in ten years you won't be where you thought you would of been because you got so wrapped up that life took you on a different road. Life did, and God did. He will shove it in your face that you can't play with where He wants you. I guess, of course, you could know where you will be later on in life if He has already told you. In that case, lucky for you.
So basically if life throws you lemons, or in this case 'depression', throw that right back and prove that you can get over it. Know there is a place for you and that even though it sucks now, i know typical 'time speech' but time will get you through it. Instead of giving up and trying to make it in life on your own terms, live life without ever looking back on what was done and never looking forward hoping on what you can be. "Live life for today," and actually apply that quote to everything and you will see that the 'depression' you are feeling can be overcome. Have hope.
© Copyright 2011 Never look back (live.life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752634-Everyone-Struggles