*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753708-A-turbulent-flight
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1753708
A flight you won't forget
         
The plane trip was going to be unlike any other I had ever done, besides being summer, it was my birthday eve. I'd flown before, but this was the first time I went to the cockpit and sit near the pilots to observe how they worked, see what they saw in front of the plane and try to feel what they felt. I know this was a little difficult but not impossible. I departed from Bordeaux, that morning at nine o'clock, and the plane was heading for the Channel. From my window I saw the houses get smaller and smaller, these houses became the villages, losing all the details that were so clear to me. As the plane climbed a pressure pushed my body down until it stabilizes.
They called for me, my turn finally came. I got up and walked to the cockpit at the entrance was left a sit where I was asked to sit down and fasten my seat belt. Although we are in early July, the day before had been bad weather and the pilot was afraid we were to turbulence along the way, although there was no prediction that this happened, but you never know for sure what to expect. There were three men sitting there, the pilot, copilot and sailed, I think. Around me I saw only dials, buttons and studs whose purpose for existence was entirely unknown to me.
We flew over the sea channel and they started up the plane, slowly my horizon is changing and it was left to see the blue of the sea starting to see the sky. They were all very focused on what they did and I just thought how do they know where they go and what they have to, never revealing what he thought that they were not distracting from your work. Shortly after this abrupt rise stopped hearing the plane's engines and then my hair began to float and if I were not stuck in my bank would have floated out of there without any direction. What I felt at that moment was the true feeling of freedom, we are within our body and we're not. To stop clinging to something, to feel the weight of so-called life. I felt free like I will never feel. My hair continued to float freely. No longer bound to the ground, to gravity, I felt that I would be capable of anything. I thought it would be felt as the birds, which was silly under the circumstances.
That feeling was short-lived and slowly my horizon was reversed. The plane went down in free fall towards the sea at that time the engines begin to work and the three that were in the cockpit began to pull the plane to straighten, but it wasn't willing to cede control. The ground was approaching more and more each time faster. My heart started to beat unevenly, it seemed that It was going to jump the chest. The sense of freedom gave way to an enormous weight, I was glued to my seat without reaction. And I could do nothing, there I was powerless to see what was happening and more desperate with each passing second. I thought straighten up, straighten up. The ground was getting closer and closer to a menacing speed. Straightening up, I thought. I felt like screaming, but restrained myself. Finally there relented and the plane returned to its original position.
I feel a hand on my shoulder. They ask me to leave because someone else wanted to go there and had to go see how I was running my experience before she started another story and tie me to the floor of the A300 from European Space Agency for another twenty seconds of weightlessness. As I left the cockpit I thought on how I admired those men who refuse to be intimidated easily and are able to keep cool when any of us would not have been able to do so. And how to sit there was a totally different experience then the one you see on the diagrams and read the reports of flight or even be in the back of the plane.
© Copyright 2011 li_novais (li_novais at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753708-A-turbulent-flight