*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753905-Mind-of-decay-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1753905
rough first draft, strange dreams lead to strange events
Chapter 1
The Agents Dream

Blood drops hit the floor with a horrifying echoing sound, the walls and ceiling are painted crimson with the blood of the innocent, footsteps land and slap into the red puddles created on the floor, the agent stands in the middle of the room, his black suit and tie work well on him and his shiny black wing tipped shoes, a gun sits in a holster under his jacket, his short black matted hair slightly spikes up, and his eyes have a strange colour to them, a brown with a tint of red and a scar spans from his left eye to the top of his lip.

He looks around the room with no expression on his face, the blood drips seem to avoid falling on him, every single one of them, he steps through
the room slowly, leaning his hand into his jacket and removing his gun, he stops at the far blood covered wall, he stares at the wall for a brief moment, he sighs relieved for a moment, the blood on the wall in front of him begins to move and swirl in circles, he stares closely at the moving blood to make out the brief outline of a person, suddenly two pure white eyes peer at him parting the blood in its place.

The agent steps back wide eyed in shock, the shape of the person pushes itself from the wall and begins walking towards him, the blood covered human figure stares at him blankly as they part their lips to speak a deep booming voice fills the room, “the gods of your days have spoken, the blood will lead the way to the bringer of the apocalypse” the blood covered body stands there for a brief moment, the agent stares at it as the body suddenly explodes into red dust.
~~

The agent’s eyes open slowly, his hands emerge from under his blue duvet as he rubs his eyes and stretches out with a groan. “that dream again” he mutters to himself as he pulls back the blanket and climbs out of bed, his top half naked his lower half wearing stripped pyjama trousers. He leans his arm over to his bed side table and picks up his watch and looks at the time, “time for work” he groans out deeply to himself standing up and walking into the bathroom.

He steps up to the mirror soaking wet wearing a towel around his waist, he looks towards the mirror tilting his head side to side, “I think I can get away with another day of not shaving”. He stares at himself in the mirror for the moment and sighs, he stares blankly for a moment, and suddenly the wall behind him comes to life and a body similar to the one in his dream begins to emerge from it, he jumps in shock and turns around to notice nothing there.“What the hell?! The bastard’s coming out of my dreams now”.
~~
The office buzzes with activity, phones ringing, people walking in and out, people chatting, the agent sits at his desk, leaning back bored, the name tag on his desk reads “agent Gabriel Still”. He sits there bored, he hasn’t worked a case in days, it wasn’t unusual to go days without a top priority case, being brought in for only special cases was a long waiting process sometimes.
I file slams down on his desk and another agent wearing a white shirt and black tie stands in front of him, he has his guns holstered on his body, he has a slightly ginger red tint in his hair with a parting, and the same colour bushy moustache. “today’s your day Still” the man says looking down at the file and walking off.

Still leans forward and pulls the file towards him and opens it slowly, his eyes squint as he looks intently at the pictures and reports in the file. The file reports on a several murders in a small cluster of towns to the south east, one in each town so far, the murders and pictures show the killings where of ritualistic manner, there blood was drained from their body and used to cover the walls, these killings were either a ritual or psychotic.
This file came in urgently as the last killing was only discovered two hours ago, “time for work” still mutters to himself putting on his jacket, and walking over to an office on the far side of the room, he walks into the room, a brawny black man sits at the desk reading files, he is bald and has the sleeves of his stripped shirt rolled up and also has guns holstered on his body, he glances up at Still for a moment. “What is it Still?” he says deeply. “Please sir, just call me Gabe, and I’m going to need a transport quickly”.

~~

The helicopter buzzes down on top of a small helipad on top of the sheriff’s department and Gabe steps off the helicopter, several officers dressed in police uniform approach and greet him, two specifically stay behind to talk to him. “Agent still? I’m Sheriff Holds, you can just call me ted though, this is my assistant Donald” he says gesturing to the man next to him, the sheriff was a big man, dressed in a brown sheriffs uniform, pretty standard, he had neatly combed brown hair. His assistant, was a short weedy man with black curly hair, looked more like a file clerk than anything. "Agent if you would come with us, we would like to show you the latest scene."

Gabe stepped into the room and instantly recognised the scene, it was the same as in his dream, shock overcame him as he walked through the
blood covered room, there was no way this was one persons’ blood, the blood dripped from the ceiling landing on the agent this time, he looked around the room almost to scared to talk. Behind him walked in Ted, “it’s a sick sight I know”. “Ted, I feel we’re looking for victims not just one singular, there’s no way this blood was from one person, get a team in here to collect blood samples from every wall and the ceiling, there are no bodies here so it would suggest they took them away”.

“this has happened in a few small towns around us as well, the bodies turned up a few days later in those cases, and not in the most pleasant of ways”. “Explain that to me Ted...outside if you will, there’s no evidence here, this killer knows what he’s doing”.

Gabe walked towards the door and took a brief look back into the room before exiting.
© Copyright 2011 BloodSyn (samsy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753905-Mind-of-decay-chapter-1