*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754633-The-Shadow-Of-The-Dragon
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1754633
The Preface to my book

Prologue

The Legend

In the beginning .......there was Peace and there was Chaos. On wings, Peace spread throughout the land and Chaos was at a standstill. When the giant, Odin, died he shattered into countless pieces and thus Faerie were. Peace was at their side when Faerie took their first steps. When Peace knelt to Faerie, Faerie ruled. But Chaos grew restless and jealous and Peace was lost to the Fae for a time. Chaos ruled anew. With no one to guide them, the Fae battle amongst themselves for centuries and the Fae seemed to disappear. But, when the great Dagda is born, hope is restored. The Good God as he was called and his mate Danu birthed four separate kingdoms for the Fae and gave each to a different son. Dagda's harp, the stuff of legends, created a legend of it's own. With four legs, wings spread wide, eyes the color of twin flames and scales like jewels, the Dragon is born and Peace returns. Crying four tears of pure emotion, the Dragon spat the powers of the Fae. Each tear brought forth the elementals: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. With the Elementals in hand, and from atop the Dragon, one trueblood Faerie is chosen to rule.

As the generations pass each ruler dies alongside of "their" beloved Dragon. But a new egg is always laid as the Dragon sheds it's last tear and it's last breath is taken. Thus each is replaced by others. While the Fae await their new hatchling's birth, Chaos again rules the Fae world with Strife and Terror by its side creating the "Dark Ones" who stop at nothing to destroy Peace forever. In this dark world the good, true and enlightened wise ones arise. Named "The Order of the Secret, The Past and The Way" they assign "The Guardian": One person to whom the egg is entrusted for safekeeping. The Guardian's charge is to protect the egg in silence and to die if they must in that protection of that egg. And in an egg a Dragon awaits birth so he can see his "chosen". When both Dragon and Chosen are united Peace again rules as a new Monarch rises...........
© Copyright 2011 Katherine Little (palmergalkat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754633-The-Shadow-Of-The-Dragon