*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754953-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1754953
Part of a book I started to write
Chapter 1

It is a dark and quite night outside the mansion where some groups of people are gathering for their yearly ritual to the dark god of their choice. No one knows what the ritual will hold for them this night let alone know what type of sacrifice will be needed for this year. Lately the sacrifice has been getting to some of the people but they would not speak up for fear of the leader and what he may do to them. Tonight there is supposed to be news of great importance to them all but no one has any idea of what it may be.
Everyone gathered outside until all are asked to come into the mansion as everything is not exactly ready for the night’s ritual. Slowly everyone walks inside the mansion as they have done several times before this unusual night. The mansion itself is of great space; enough room to hold enough people for a football game if needed but very seldom did it have the need for this. Once everyone filled inside of this mansion the doors slam shut without anyone touching them. No one even jumped as this is the sign that their leader is ready to begin. No one hesitated to find a seat somewhere for the door on the far side of this room slides open.

Standing inside the door is a tall man dressed in a long black hooded cape to which his face could not be seen. He stands there for a couple of minutes looking at all of the faces around the room and nodding to the whole crowd that he is pleased that everyone is here. Slowly he walks around the room to another side to where a deep walnut podium stands before everyone and steps behind. He takes a deep breath and then lowers the hood to reveal himself to the crowd.
“I am glad to see everyone that is here tonight. There are matters which must be put in order and new laws set down for this group as we are expanding more each day. The time has come for us to discover the saint that is to be born unto this earth. Granted this may be hard but it can be accomplished and it must be done. This saint to be born could destroy us all if it should live and grow into maturity. The bad thing about this is I have not been able to detect if it will be a male or female.
From this time on all babies born within our exclusive group and its branches worldwide will be subject to death if it bears even the slightest birthmark that shall show it is the saint come to destroy all of our kind. The birthmark is that of a six pointed star enclosed by a circle. Any baby found with this mark shall be put to death. It does not matter whom the parents may be but it must be done to keep our religion alive. This saint or possible saint is to be brought to me immediately upon discovery no matter what the cost may be. If those parents are one of our group and they refuse to bring the child before me then the permission is granted to kill or bring them before me also. If this should happen then everyone within our group shall attend the meeting to watch and learn what happens to traitors within our exclusive group. Are there any questions to this?”
No one spoke a word at all and did not ask of this new law except one who slowly stands upon his feet. “Sir please forgive what I am about to ask you for it may seem stupid but yet it does have a valid point that all should know about. The question is; How do you know of such a coming of this size and why should it occur now?”

“Good question. At least one person in this gathering has the courage to stand up and ask such a bold question of me which he shall receive a reward for such. Your answer is thus; I happen to hold the most ancient text in existence of a race that God created before he created man as it is today. In this text it is said that the race is scattered across the universes to watch over them as they continue to grow outward. Also it goes on to say that once evil and good starts to overwhelm one or the other that a savior would be born to put the balance back into its proper place once again. The world as of now is in the state where evil resides more than good anymore. The birthmark that I have mentioned is their symbol. The last entry of this book says that on this world there is no more of the race left because the writer was the last known.
Since you are the only one that asked the question you shall be allowed to view this book and read its contents which will bestow more power unto you. You shall also be promoted to stand by my side and live in this mansion for you have the courage to ask without thinking of what may happen to you. Now come and stand beside me and show your loyalty to me. As for the rest of this audience watching this, he is now promoted to Administer of Laws which gives the right over your life if you should be caught breaking any of our laws. Are there any questions to this? Good. Then let us all proceed to the rightful area to perform this years ritual which will show everyone of what is a real sacrifice to our dark and powerful lord is.”

When this man finally stops speaking silence is felt all about the air while everyone begins to walk outside and around the mansion. Once everyone is gathered at the back of this mansion everyone starts once again talking to each other until the man; their leader joins them once again to start the actual ritual that all of them come to participate in. Standing out in the crowd is a woman who apparently is pregnant and a gentleman standing beside her. The two of them begin to talk but being careful not to let anyone else hear them.
“I think our leader is becoming more and more evil by the moment. Now he is requiring that all of the newborn be inspected for this birthmark and if it resembles it in any way he wants the baby killed. For what, is h scared that this child may take over his position or even kill him. Could this book be even real that the supreme making but not our lord created a race tp protect the balance between good and evil? I honestly think he has lost his mind completely,” says the pregnant woman.
“Quiet down before someone hears you speak like that. If they should hear you say that, they would sacrifice you instead of whatever it may be tonight. So let us continue this discussion later, please I beg of you. I wander if we would be able to leave before this starts in full swing?”
As they continue to talk to each other the man that was speaking at the podium minutes ago walks out into the open from the house. He stands before the whole crowd of people on a porch high above them all looking down at all of them. Everyone becomes silent as if they know he is about to speak. The two that is talking among themselves stop talking also.

“Good followers of our faith,” begins the man above everyone “there is another thing that I must ask of all of you from now until that certain child is born. This favor will be law and nothing can be done about it at all. Any of those that are married within our religion shall live upon these grounds with their prospective mate until their child is born and checked for the sign. Anyone not reporting to this mansion shall be subject to death without any regards to rank that he or she may hold. Any of those that do report here to finish their term of pregnancy shall be taken care of by the best doctors around and shall be served by my staff for their personal needs. Also included in this will be all of your bills that may need to be paid will be paid by me as long as you are here. The couples already known to pregnant with a child shall not leave tonight, but will be escorted to their rooms before the ritual begins tonight. There will be a separate ceremony for those later this week.”
As everyone listens to their leader a group of men carrying uzi’s come out of the mansion and starts to walk among the crowd. Everyone just looks at them as they continue to walk around talking to certain people and escorting them back into the mansion. Slowly the couple that is standing by themselves try to walk away from the mansion without being noticed but these men come from all directions and surely made it a point to escort them into the mansion.
Outside everyone doesn’t say a word or cause any trouble for the men as they continue their search which apparently the leader is definitely keeping tabs on everyone. It took the men about an hour to find everyone that the leader wants inside the house and then everything continues on for the night.

Inside the mansion there are about twenty different couples of all different races looking at each other with questions in their eyes but wouldn’t speak out at any cost. Minutes pass without anyone saying a word but they can hear everyone outside signifying that the ritual is starting. Shouts can be heard through the solid brick walls of the mansion making some of the couples wishing that they are outside instead. Slowly everyone notices that the room that they are in at the moment notice that the room is decorated in medieval armor and weapons scattered about giving the room a sense odd eeriness. As all of them take in the interior’s decorations some of them notice a woman walking into the room dressed in a doctor’s white coat.
As this woman walks into the room she takes a quick look upon all of the couples within the room. She finally stops in the middle of the room and asks everyone to please follow her to another wing of the mansion already setup like apartments for their stay. All of them does as she asks them to do without any questions. She starts to walk out of the room with everyone following her. Slowly everyone forms an awkward line behind her and as this happens the two begin to speak once again but making sure that no-one is able to hear them.
“Darlin, what are we going to do with our child because you know of my true heritage more than anyone left of my race? How could he have come across one of the four books entrusted only to the oldest in my race? I am beginning to become very scared of this man now; even though, the two of us chose to be the spies for my race. I will die getting away from him before I let him have our baby,” says the pregnant woman.

“Calm yourself down. We will find a way to escape this maniac in order for our child to live his or her life the way it should be. Be quite while I think of a way for us to escape before the that doctor gets us to where ever it is that they will keep us all. I will tell you this much though, once we escape here we must find someone to raise our child that can be trusted and fair enough to raise the child. We must also gather the books that we have written together so that the person that raises our child may give those books to the child when it is of age and ability to learn what the race is really about.”
No-one even said a word to anyone as they still continue on through the mansion but slowly the man starts to notice how the lady doctor slows her pace down to the point where she is walking beside him and his pregnant wife. Another man up front motions for everyone to continue following him. As the group continues on the doctor tells them to stop for a moment and let the group go on.
“Listen to me very well you two because I know that the two of you carry the child that shall eventually destroy this so called leader. Don’t ask any questions right now until I get the two of you to your room. Then I will answer any questions that the two of you have for me. Right now I will tell you this much and that I was sent by the last elder to get the two of you out of here. For now go along with this until I find a way out for all of us.” The two of them just look at her in question due to the fact that this womans’ mouth never moved at all but they heard her very clearly on what she said. Both of them just nod their heads to her in reconignition that she is actually one of them but still they couldn’t recognize her.

The lady then says out loud for them to follow her to their room so that they ca get ready for their physicals that they must have. Both of them just look at each other and follows her without saying anything at all.
After a few minutes they reach a room that is large and well suited for what they are use to at their own house. The dark haired woman turns around and shuts the door behind her after they enter.
“Now please sit down and I will explain everything I know as I give each of you your physical,” says the woman. Both of them find a chair as she finishes speaking and sit waiting for her to explain. The woman then reaches under her white doctors coat and brings out a stethoscope and walks over to the man.

She starts to speak as she puts it to his chest, “The two of you need to keep yourselves unknown to the others of within this group for me to make it easier on getting the two of you out of this trap that he has created. From what I know of right now he plans on having all of the babies here terminated. This man is evil beyond that of Hitler or any other person the world has come up against. Alright; your heart is fine, now let me take your blood pressure. As soon as I can find a way for me to get you off of this property and to the elder. The elder has requested me to ask that the both of you retain from using any of the talents you have learned or have developed on your own. Somehow this so called evil man has found a way to be able to detect our talents while being used anywhere near him. I repeat, do not use your talents at all. I would not be surprised if he heard the two of you on the way to this room. Okay sir, your blood pressure is fine. Now miss I must check you also. Sir, while I look at her please give me a urine sample.” She reaches into the pocket of her coat and hands him a tube.
He just looks at her and then makes his way to the bathroom after she points in the direction of where the bathroom is located. As he walks off to the bathroom he watches over his shoulder as this woman does the same routine to his wife as she had just done with him. The moment he returns with the urine sample and hands it over to the doctor his wife does the same as he had just done.
“Now the two of you must act like you know nothing is going to happen at all and be careful of what you say to the others that are here. For now I must go give the other couples their physicals in order to make him think that things are still under his control. Remember, do not use any of your talents at al for everyone will get to meet one another at dinner; then everyone will retire for the night. The only thing that I can say is that the leader will be at the dinner table with us so be careful of what you talk about. After dinner is over I will be leaving to go into the city to give the hospital my report and then I will go and get more information about this mansion. Then the next morning I will be talking to the elder before I return here to find out what he may want done. I want the two of you to be prepared for anything to happen at any time and be near my side at all times. Do the both of you understand me?”
“Yes we understand you. One question though; what is your name please,” asks the man.

“I’m sorry for being rude. My name is Eliza Bontare. Alright, now I must be going before he finishes that ritual so I can give him a report. I’ll get to know the both of you later by name. Be careful, please for everything depends on the two of you getting out of here alive.”
When Eliza finishes speaking she leaves the room without saying another word at all. The couple look at each other wandering why she said what she did. Another though comes to the pregnant woman because the doctor mentioned that the elder knows she is pregnant but she though all the elders have died. The both of them didn’t say anything but begin to look around their new home or prison to which couldn’t be decided in their minds but to her it was already a prison with eery feelings crawling through her veins.
Hours pass as the two decide to get quick showers and to freshen up. They sit and talk for awhile about anything they could bring up but it only served to pass the time. Both of them hear a knocking at the to which they open to find a very cute little boy staring up at them with his baby blue eyes. The boy looks at them with a smile upon his face and asks them to follow him without delay to dinner as the rest of the group is on their way now. They accept his offer politely without hesitation and begin to follow him.
As they walk to the dinning hall both of them notice the oil paintings along each side of the hall that must be very expensive. They continue to look upon each as they continue on their way but begin to notice that each painting that they pass becomes more violent and very explicit of details. The details even get to the point of showing how someone killed somebody with as much detail showing on the victim in the painting to the point of making anyone think it is real.

The man taps the boy on the shoulder upon which the boy turns around and stops right there. “Is there something bothering you, sir?”
“Yes there is. Do you know who painted these paintings of such evil?”, asks the man.
“Yes sir, I do. These paintings are done by various people that have lived here from time to time when the leader would asks for another painting to be done. Even I have some of my paintings upon these very walls and he happens to pay very well for them too. Does this type of artwork disturb you,” says the boy.
“Yes it does disturb me. How could you paint such things as this? Where do you get the ideas from? I don’t understand how you could paint something like these as you are so young and innocent from what I’m able to see.”
You see sir, I am not as innocent as I look for one. Another thing is that all of my paintings come from the my own imagination. This is a natural talent for me and I happen to like it. The third reason why I do this is that it helps my parents pay the hospital bills for my older sister on trying to find a cure for her health problems. Sir, later if you would like I could show you other types of paintings and drawings that I do. All of my artwork is not of violent nature; like I said all of this is from my imagination. I think we have wasted enough time now I must get you two to dinner. I thank you for inquiring thou.”
“You are welcome young man and yes I would like to see some of your other artwork sometime.”

Within a few minutes they continue on walking down the hallway and then thru an archway and then turning to the left into another room. Within this room the rest of the group is already seated at a very huge mahogany table capable of seating at least 50 people in comfort. As they walk into this room everyone else turns their heads to look and then turn their eyes back amongst themselves. The young boy leads the couple to two empty chairs that happen to be beside the doctor, Eliza. She stands up and invites them to sit beside her with a smile upon her face.
They sit down without saying a word at all to anyone but look around the table as they seat themselves. Once seated the both of them notice that there is one empty chair at the very head of the table taking note that is more or less likely where their leader will be sitting. The moment that both of them are seated comfortably at the table the maids and butlers begin to pour drinks for them all.
As the drinks are poured other maids and butlers begin to bring out food on silver platters and put them upon the table at various spots. Now that all the food and drinks have been poured or placed the leader walks into the room and stands at the head of the table. He looks around the table at everyone seated and nods his head in acknowledgment of them all.

“Welcome to my home, future parents,” he begins while still standing. “All of you may call me Mr. Tealshire as of this moment until further notice. Now please eat and enjoy as there is much for me to find out about each one of you personally besides what I already do know of at this moment. Each of you know the problem that we face for our region so this must be. I pray that none of you carry this baby within her for if so; I feel sorry and remorse for the parents. Enough of this talk for now, everyone please go ahead and eat.”
Everyone begins asking each other to pass along a certain dish until everyone has a plate full. As everyone eats their meal their drinks are keep full by the butlers and maids as they become empty. No one notices that Mr. Tealshire is not eating except for one person and he stops eating himself. Mr. Tealshire notices this and looks at him.
“Why have you stopped eating your dinner sir,” asks Mr. Tealshire as everyone turns to look in his direction.
“Mr. Tealshire, I find it wrong to be eating such a wonderful meal as this without our very own host is not participating in this enjoyment also. Would you please join us in eating all of this?”, comes from the man sitting beside Eliza as she looks at him in amazement and his pregnant wife looks at him in shock of bewilderment.
“Well now, it seems that someone here does have some manners after all. Thank you sir, I will join in on the meal after all. I think everyone else needs to learn matters this gentleman just showed to me,” says Mr. Tealshire without any harsh tones but in complete surprise from this action. “You and I must have a talk with one another sometime. You look to be very intelligent and I know now that you have manners. That is what makes a person different in these days now. Would it be alright to talk for awhile after all of us finish eating this fine meal?”

“I can’t think of any reason why we can’t. I’ll be here anytime you would like to chat and it would definitely do good for the both of us. At least the talks will keep boredom at bay. I just hope that I can live up to your expectations for conversation, sir.”
“Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure that you can,” says Mr. Tealshire. “Let us all finish eating now so that we may begin our conversation about whatever may come up.”
“Now that sounds good to me.”
Everyone continues to eat as the two continue on talking as they eat about anything they could without disturbing anyone else. Eliza just listens in on them making sure that Mr. Tealshire doesn’t notice what she is doing. She makes a mental note to question about the conversations that they would have and maybe it would help in getting them out of here easier..
No-one says a word for the rest of the dinner until everything becomes gone and into their stomachs. The only thing that could be heard is everyone thanking their leader for the delicious dinner this night. Once all the thank you’s are out of the way; everyone begins to introduce themselves to each other. As they all continue to talk to each other Mr. Tealshire and the one man disappear from the room without anyone noticing except Eliza and the mans wife.
Eliza looks at the woman she is sitting by and starts to talk to her about anything that she can think of. As they continue to talk they get to know each other better. A couple of the group asks Eliza where hey could go in order to be more relaxed as they get to know one another. Eliza agrees with all of them and tells everyone to follow her to the library.

Upon entering the library everyone notices how all of the furniture is of very old nature. Someone decides to look at the furniture more closely and then upon his inspection he finds that they are from the Victorian Renaissance Age. Even though the man says that they are from that period it prompts him to even look closer at the wood and the way that they are built to see if they are the true thing. To this persons surprise they are the true thing without a doubt.
Everyone else in the room starts to look about the room and its various items laying about in air tight cases to prevent the aging process and to keep bacteria from getting in. Some of the other people start looking at books that are lined up on various bookcases about the room. One man stares at a book through a glass bookcase. He stands there looking at the bookcase in amazement and slowly starts to reach for the handle.....
“Stop right there sir,” yells Eliza as she runs to the where he is standing. The man turns around to see her coming towards him. While she is coming towards him he realizes that there must be something special about these books within this glassed in bookcase.
“Why can’t I read any of these books?,” asks the man as Eliza stops in front of him.
“The reason you can’t read any of those books is because those books are locked in there with an alarm on it. Those books are very precious to him as they contain the past histories of his family and their religion that they started long ago. If you want to read about these books he has a condensed book over on the other shelves that you can read. Go over to that corner and find a black leather bond book entitled Our History Of Life. That book will tell you the who’s who of this religion. I hope you can understand it.”

“I am a pretty quick learner and I am able to understand just about anything that I may read. I tank you for the advise ma’am.” The man leaves her and goes to the corner and retrieves the book after taking several minutes to locate it. Taking it from the shelve he briefly inspects it and then walks over to one of the many chairs sitting slowly down into it as he begins to read.
Eliza looks around the room watching all the others looking about and watching others talking to each other. She notices that the woman sitting beside her at dinner is sitting alone and decides to go over and talk to her. Eliza reaches her and slowly puts her hand on her shoulder being careful not to make her jump.
“Mind if I join you?”, asks Eliza. “I’m sorry I haven’t even asked you what your name is at all; please excuse my rudeness.”
“That is alright Eliza as I know you have a lot of problems and even more problems of another nature to see through. My name is Carrthrene and my husband’s name is Charles Bratin. The both of us were born in Scraton, Pennsylvania. Now how about you and are you married?”, asks Carrthrene.

“No I am not married at all due to the nature of my life; which I think you can already guess what that is. Let me see, I was born in Los Angles, California. My family raised me there until they were killed in an auto accident. A few weeks later after the accident I was discovered by the elder; Thompson, to whom which I regard as my father now. When he discovered me I was only ten years old. After a year of living with him he found out that I also belong to a certain race like you and your husband. That is when he decided to start teaching me the abilities in order to survive. You see, Thompson is the last of the elders left of our race and he wants to make sure that the rest of us know what we are exactly and what our purpose is in this life. Okay that is a little about me and now it is your turn.”
“Okay Eliza, how should I start and believe me it is going to pretty long. Okay...... In high school I always knew that for some reason I was different from the rest of the kids but I didn’t know how different until something happened. You see there was this girl that always picked fights with me all the time because it seemed that every boy would rather go out with me than her. Well she asked one boy to go out with her and he said that she would have to beat me in a fair fight. That caused a bring problem for me because I would not fight her so she beat me something fierce.
It took some time getting over that but that is when I finally discovered what I really had going for me. You see I like to read a lot and some of my friends were involved in the occult. They handed me a couple of books to read on the subject so I read and did some of the exercises within these books and found that I could perform them without an effort or strain on my part. I returned the books to them and they noticed a great difference in my appearance and attitude towards everything. They asked me if I had actually practiced the exercise and I told them yes but I would never use such power to hurt anyone. In turn they told me that the only time that they ever used it was only in self defense. This started in the ninth grade.

When the next school year came around we were asked to start a club on the subject dealing with the issues of the occult and ESP. The club became such a success that the principle asked us to begin teaching a class on it during school hours. We agreed to it and it became one of the biggest classes with actual real speakers that were known to practice across the US. One of the speakers took a special interest in me and asked me to met him after school was done for the day.
That night I met him in his motel. As we talked on through the night he explained why he had wanted so much to talk to me. He told me about our race and how much power I have developed on my own. He explained that he; himself, is one of the elders in tht certain race and would like me to take my place with that race. Later that night I slept there upon his bed while he slept on the couch. I went to school the next day with everyone from the class asking questions of what happened and I wouldn’t give them any answers at all. They became mad about it and I told them that if I was to tell them that it could put their very lives in danger.

“You see, I didn’t see the elder for another year after our first meeting. When he came back he took me into his care as my parents lost their jobs in the plants they were working because of the plants closing down. So what he did was buy a house big enough for all of us to live in and be able to live a comfortable life. The only reason why my parents actually aproved of this is because he sat down and described the history of our race to them. You see my parents were very much Christians down to the very tee. I grew up with my parents still around and the elder teaching me even further in the skills of our certain art. Later that year the elder and my parents were brutally killed by a certain person that I shall not talk about here. Maybe later I will tell you if.... I called the police and they investagated but turned up nothing at all. After all that was over I was appraoched by the elder’s lawyer. He told me that there is a will left by him and that I needed to go and see him right away as it protends to me.
Later the next day I went to go see this lawyer and found out that everything the elder had was to be given to my parents in order for to care for me but there was also another clause within this will. It said that if my parents should die that everything was to be put into my name and that there are other papers for me in a safety deposit box at his bank for me to obtain. The lawyer sat there patiently as I read all of this and what now belonged to me as a teenager in the tenth grade. After I finished reading this he asked me if I would like for him to take me to the bank in order to retrieve whatever it may be for me. I thanked him and said yes. While on the way to the bank the lawyer told me that if there is anything that he could do for me to just call as the elder left him something in another will which is completely separate from the one I recieved. The stipulation in his will is that he was to look out for me in all intrest aspects that should be needed in handling anything. I glady accepted his help as the elder comletely trusted him to take care of everything for him so that he was able to spend all his time teaching me.

We got to the bank and got the deposit box out with certain tellers looking at me with hate in their eyes. Inside the box were a set of papers stating that I became my own parent when I turned 16-years-old and it was signed by my own parents. Another paper was stapled to it from my parents. That said the reasons why they did this and that it would be for the best plus they also thanked the elder for helping them out in the most needed times of their lives. After I finished reading all of these I cried upon the lawyers shoulders for what must have been at least an hour. After all this the lawyer took me back to the house that we all had lived in for that short period of tim together. Tears strolled down down my face as I walked thru the now empty house with the lawyer behind me. I asked him if he could put me up at his place until I could find another house to live in and sell this one for the memories would eventually kill me. He glady said yes as his house is completely empty save for himself. I asked him to leave me there for the night and come back for me in the morning and pick me up.
That night I cried as I went through everything in the ouse. I went to the elder’s room where I started to go through his belongings. I found an envelope addressed to me from him. I opened the letter to find that he had already planned my final lessons. He left the lessons within one of his books that I always studied from but this certain book is a lot older than the others books. This certain book is titled, “Book Of Ocknor”. The strangest thing about this book is that only half of it contains written passages and exercises. The rest of the book contains blank pages. The only thing is that the very last page tells the reason why there are blank pages. It is very strange, maybe you would like to see it after we....”

“I would very much like to see this book and so would my elder as he has been looking for it for years since he learned that it still exists. Those blank pags puzzle me also and why your elder would entrust that book to you unless he already knew something about it. That is going to be very interesting to find out what he already knew and why he gave the book to you. I wander what your husband and Mr. Teaslshire are talking about. They have been gone a long time now.”
“I hope he is alright, Eliza. You know I could listen in on them if you would like me to.”
“No, no. I don’t want to jeopardize yourself because of the child you carry. You see there are some things you still don’t know of yet and when you find out, its going to hurt you very deeply.” Says Eliza with her head looking at the floor. “Please for your own safety, please stay as strong as possible now more than ever.”
In another room Mr. Teashire and Charles watch and listen to Carrthrene and Eliza talk on the moniter. At the same time they are watching the rest of this group read and walk about the library being curious at all that he has aquired.
“Well now my son, it seems that she has no idea about you yet. You have done a good job in impersonating her husband. Now have you seen this book that she is talking about?”

“No, I haven’t father. I’m still trying to locate the book within the house but I’m beginning to think that the book is somewhere else that I haven’t figured out yet. The only place that I can think of it is that her lawyer may have it hidden away for her. That lawyer of hers wont even tell me a thing about what she has or even owns. I wish we could do something about her lawyer so that we can find out evrything else we need to know father. At least she has never found out about me. That plastic surgeon did a remarkable job on me.”
“Okay, now you must work on getting Eliza’s trust because she may be on to you bcause of the way she is speaking to your so-called wife. I just don’t trust that woman; eventhough, she is the best doctor in this area for now. We must assign someone to keep an eye on her at all times when she is not within these grounds. Do you understand this?”
“Yes father, I understand that and I have the perfect person for it. Now I should be getting back to my wife so that she doesn’t start to worry about me at all. We shall talk later. By the way, what did you do with her real husband?” Charles asks with a big evil smile upon his face.
“Her real husband is still locked up in his cell down in the cavrns. He is still barely alive for we haven’t been feeding him very much at all. So far everything is working out just fine to my plans. These plans must not fail at all for everything depends on us getting rid of that baby and getting that book that our families have failed to obtain. Now go and do your to me and our dark father.”
Charles leaves his father; Mr. Tealshire, in the room to futher listen in while he rejions them.
Within a few moments Charles walks into the library where he finds everyone reading some type of book or carring on conversations with each other. He stands in the doorway looking around the room to find that Eliza and his so-called wife; Carrthrene, chatting away with each other. He walks up to them and stands beside his wife as they continue to talk to ach other.

“Hello ladies,” says Charles.
“Well did you have a good conversation with our Mr. Tealshire, Charles?” Carrthrene asks with a smile on her face. Eliza justs looks at Charles without saying a wordat all. “Now tell me what the two of you talked about.”
“We actaully carried on a goood conversation about the medievil ages on how they devoloped the use of magic and how they used weapons during that time also. I think I surprised him on the subject in all matters of the conversation. He actually gave me a good argumnt for a change. I don’t think anyone has ben able to do that in a long time now,” Says Charles with enthusiam in his voice.
“I’m actaully surprised that Mr. Tealshire actually wanted to talk tyo someone alone like he just did with you Charles. From what I understand by his staff is that he wouldn’t take that chance for there are a lot of people who would like to see him dead because of what he stands for.” Says Eliza as one of her eyebrows arches as if to suspect him of something she hasn’t figured out yet. Eliza stands up while looking at her watch she notices that it is getting really late. “Listen up everyone, it is time for everyone to go back to their private apartments for the night. If you would like you may take the books that any of you may be reading with you as long as you return them tomorrow.”

No-one said a word, but did as they are asked to do. Some of them put back the books while some of them take them with them. Everyone starts out of the room and heads back to their rooms. As Carrthrene starts out after her husband, Eliza pulls her arm to get her to wait for a few minutes behind Charles. As Charles walks on while noticing this he though about stopping but doesn’t. Eliza waits for Charles to be out of range of her voice and then turns back to face Carrthrene.
“Be careful with your husband. I think there is something strange going on about the he is acting. To tell you the truth I wouldn’t trust him as far as I can throw him.”
“Eliza, why would you say that? I have known my husband for years and I find nothing strange about the way he is acting. In fact he is a lot better and shows he cares a lot more since the baby is coming into our lives.”
“Carrthrene, I’m telling you that there is something with him. In his file that I was given to get to know all of you; there is absolutely nothing of him having any knowledge of the medievil era. Plus another fact remaind that here was no body guard present when they left the dinner table at all. That in its self is highly unusual because Mr. Tealshire never goes anywhere without one of them beside him. Please, just do it for me and your baby most of all.
“Alright then, but I don’t see any valid point in what you are saying until you have some proof for me to see or hear. I will tell you this much though, I want the hellout of this house as soon as possible for it scares me and I don’t like being cooped up in a place that isn’t mine at all. Do that for me if you can get it accomplished quicker than what you plan.”

“Alright then Carrthrene, I will bring you proof that you want. You see; I am not the only spy here in order to get you and the baby out of here. Later I will tell you on how to recognize the others that are here to help you,” says Eliza. “You had better go now so that he doesn’t get suspicious about this. I’ll see you tomorrow at breakfast. Goodnight.”
Eliza walks the opposite way that Carrthrene walks. Minutes later Carrthrene is in her apartment finding her husband watching some horror movie on one of the movie channels. She sits down beside him on the love seat and puts her arm around him and whispers in his ear, “I love you.”
He looks at her in the eyes, “I love you to and the baby that you carry for the both of us. By the way, what were the two of you taking about when I left?”
“Nothing really interesting dear. We are just getting to know one another and that is all. Plus it gives me someone to have girl talk with. I think I’m going to take a hot bath while you watch this movie and then I’m going to bed. Don’t stay up to late now.”
“I will be jioning you after you have finished your bath. This movie is just about over.”
Carrthrene gets up from sitting beside Charles and heads into the bathroom. She reaches down to the silver knob and turns the water on while plugging the drain. As she waits for the tub to fill she looks inside the medicine cabinet. Inside she finds all different types of vitiamins, tooth paste and brush, deoderant, and an assortment of personal hygein items of use. As she continues to look through all of it she finds a small round black thing stuck on the back of the cabinet behind the green mouthwash. She looks at it curiously and then tries to pull it off only to find that it wouldn’t budge at all. She looks around to the tub and notices that she needs to turn the water off before it overflows.


As she walks over sh begins to undress and then reaches down to turn off the water. The moment she finishes undressing herself she climbs into the relaxing tub of water to soak for a little. After an hour she begins to wash herself off and gets out to to dry herself off. After dropping the towel to the floor she reaches for the blue robe hanging on the back of the door while looking back to the medicine cabinet wandering. She tells herself that she must ask Eliza about that black box.
She enters the bedroom to find Charles fast asleep upon the bed. She looks at his quiet self and climbs into the bed after taking her robe off. She slowly and carefully cuddles up to him and feels his warmth extend over to her. Finding his warmth she falls asleep rather quickly as the bed is comforting to her also.



© Copyright 2011 Rpanthr (rpanthr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754953-Chapter-1