*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755511-Me-and-my-big-life-at-7th-standard-
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #1755511
Nothing more but the way my life has gone till now :)
Hi all,



If you are too busy with your work and want a relaxation of time (a matter of 5 or 10 minutes), this small blog of mine will be worth a read... Guaranteed :)



To begin with, this blog is nothing more about any personal stuffs but just my whole life in general and the way I got control of it:)



I was a normal school kid till I was in 7th standard. (a lot mischievous indeed). Dint top the class, roamed out with buddies, cricket, chess, carom, foot ball and involved in lots of other street games like flying kite, playing top, marbles etc



It was only on the 7th standard that my paternal uncle came into my life. Boy oh boy, i was literally scared of him at the first look with all his beard and the way he uses Pan parag. He started coaching me for the studies ( I used to give only 30 mints of my busy time for him). At that time, studying was a waste of time according to me. I even dint know the formula of square of a+b.



One strange thing about me which is most common is I don't lose bets. My paternal uncle kept a bet that if I could make up within 10 ranks in my class, he will get me whatever I wanted for my birthday. Not to mention, my class was the most studious class wherein ranks will differ only by 1 or 2 marks and I used to get only 24 or 25th rank out of the whole lot of 40 (only 28 ranks will be there on the whole)



This bet triggered something in me that created a lot of interest and I gave up my playing activities for a month and studied very rigorously. Man, you wont believe me... Till this moment I haven't studied like that ever!!! As the old saying goes, Hardwork never fails, I gave my best performance in the half yearly exam and none in my class was ready to believe the marks I got and the whole class applauded when a guy who used to be the last in the class got the 7th rank in the class. The difference between the first rank and mine was only 10 marks though!



I went and showed my rank card directly to my paternal uncle and said, "I have won the bet! I need a Top gear bicycle:)". He was flabbergasted by the marks I got and said yes spontaneously. I had the cycle with me till I completed my graduation..



There are tons of more interesting things that happened along the path and I just wish to keep this short and sweet. This is my first article in public blogs and I would like to know about any critics or comments and would write more based on the reviews.



See ya soon

Arvindhan L
© Copyright 2011 arvind_cool (arvind_bcool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755511-Me-and-my-big-life-at-7th-standard-