*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755763-Terror-and-the-whirlwind-of-hope
by Harry
Rated: E · Sample · Sci-fi · #1755763
Section of my new Sci-fi epic novel.
Terror, and the whirlwind of hope




The landscape of Nevada in the year 3211 had changed.  It was still a desert, obviously, but it had changed....

‘And I suppose you think it was all worth it? Killing all those innocent people, sheep and breaking all those things’ yelled Gruff Strongman.  His heroic face and stacked body pinned down by the large space boot of his adversary.

‘haha, alas, yes’ Replied Viktor Meany, evil emporer of the Meany Army ‘It was all worth it’

‘How could you and your legions of RobocoBots do this, take over the world, destroy life as we know it, why, why Viktor, why?!?!’

‘For gold! Hahahaha’ Viktor laughed

‘But with such chaos and destruction all society has collapsed, there isn’t an economy left, making your gold’s worth highly questionable’ Gruff pointed out.  Viktor’s face faulted, then he smiled.  The same evil smile he always smiled when he was about to do something evil which pleased him.

‘Goodbye Gruff’ he said, raising DeathRay, as if to shoot Gruff and kill him dead.

‘More like Goodbye Viktor!’ Shouted a female’s voice. Clare, the beautiful and timely friend of Gruff swung down out of nowhere kicking Viktor down a ravine that I forgot to mention before. And caught his DeathRay in mid-air.

‘Armed and ready Gruff!’ Said Claire helping Gruff to his feet. Gruff smiled. Smiled because he was still alive, and also smiled because he thought that as the 2 main characters, there was a strong possibility to a romantic entanglement with the beautiful Claire soon.  Suddenly everything that wasn’t fixed down flew up and spun around them.

‘It’s a strange wind’ yelled Claire

‘That’s no wind’ said Gruff, eyeing the conditions through half closed eyes because of the sand in the air. ‘That, is the whirlwind of hope!’

© Copyright 2011 Harry (harry.killian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755763-Terror-and-the-whirlwind-of-hope