*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755871-A-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Romance/Love · #1755871
An author's greatest dream realized, if only in a dream still.
Is it often that you get to dream about something you hold dear? You always force your head to dream of things, events or people you love, but it never comes. But when you finally dream of the very thing that you hold dear the most, time stops for you and you wish that all that can happen in your life right now is for you to get stuck at the moment, living out your heart’s greatest desire. But then reality kicks in, and you gotta wake up, and you realize - you go back into living out a life in which your choices make up the path you take to that heart’s desire of yours. This might be a long and drawn-out intro for a post about a dream, but it aptly starts out everything by telling the reader that what he/she will read is expressed out of the fullness of the author’s heart.

As the haziness that envelopes me disappears, I see a figure in the horizon, looking out by the side of a busy road, motioning for me to join her. She is beaming, a sight that warms my heart the moment the light shines on her immaculate and enchanting face. Her joy is palpable, her spirit soaring. You can tell that she is living in the moment, blocking anything that can and will ruin this moment. And at the outstretching of her hand, she touches me, and I can feel her warmth surround me. I see our hands touch, and I see something twinkle by the ring fingers of both our hands - rings; my greatest dream, finally come true - she is my wife. After the euphoria of being in her presence dissipates, I look around and see - we are in Paris, the place of her ever-wonderful dreams, right now a reality in our own pocket of the universe.

As we traverse the streets of Paris, we hold hands and simply look out into the sky, a perfect hue of blue with a touch of cloudiness here in there. The sun, now setting behind the majestic Eiffel Tower herself, bathes our eyes with a glow that does not burn our eyes, but rather gives it a more romantic glow, as if to amplify the love we feel for each other. I look into her eyes, and I see her eyes, a light shade of brown, twinkling. There is nothing more in this earth that I can ever want than for this moment to be immortalized in stone. I suddenly find myself in the possession of a camera, hanging from my neck, which I readily grab, and take pictures after beautiful picture of her, just bathing in the glow of her. After she motions me to come closer to her, she wraps her arms around my neck, and she plants a soft but powerful kiss on my lips, the kind of kiss that leaves you hanging for more at the end of it. She smiles, takes my hand, and we start walking towards an old building, covered with vines.

As we entered the building, I see a beautifully-lit chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The person who opens the hotel door for us, a portly man with a smile on his face, signals for a man behind the counter. My wife lets go of my hand long enough to get a set of keys, and a package. We walk over a few more steps, and we enter an elevator. Once we’re inside, her playfulness takes over, and she pushes me up one of the walls of the elevator, and she plants a long kiss once more. Now, reading this might make your mind wander off into other things, but hear me out - her kiss never reverberated of anything but love. Pure love. She lets go, gives me a warm embrace, and we walk out the door, heading for our hotel suite.

She opens the door with the keys in her hand, and we drop all the stuff we have in our hands on our bed. Too tired to do anything else, we drop off both on the bed, and drift off to sleep, the love of my life wrapped safely in my arms. I wake up the next morning, and I hear the bath water running. The door of the bath room is ajar, light coming from inside the room. I hear her humming a few show-tunes, and I smile. I get out of bed, let out a yawn, and peek over at the door. As I look inside, there I see her, wrapped in a linen bath robe, hair wound up in a nice bun pointing upwards, applying cosmetics on her face. She sees me by the bathroom mirror’s reflection, and gives me a smile. I smile back, and run back to the room, grabbing my camera.

As she stood there, I couldn’t help but take picture after picture of this majestic being, standing before me, bathing me in her enchanting glow. There is nothing but love for her in my heart right now, and I just found myself slack-jawed in her presence. As I snapped away, I saw her face blushing, mildly embarrassed at what I was doing. I stopped taking pictures, walked over to her, wrapped my arms around her waist, and kissed her make up-laden cheeks. I whisper “good morning” to her ears, and she turns around to face me. Up close, I see her beautiful face, and my eyes water. Right now, she is here in my arms. But at the same time, my heart aches of longing for her. And that’s when I drop all I’m holding, and kiss her with wild abandon.

The next few scenes are too explicit for me to write in here, but rest assured that lust wasn’t swirling in my heart while I made love to her. Rather, it was a feeling of wanting to envelope her in my love, as she had done so for me. I look at her face, and I see her eyes just madly in love with me. I give her a warm embrace, and we drift off to sleep. She tells me that she loves me so very much, and I tell her the same… Only that I suddenly wake up from it all, and I mutter that I love her so much to dead air.

It was only just a dream, but a dream nonetheless - It now drives my heart to relentlessly do all that I can in my power to make this dream a reality, so help me God.
© Copyright 2011 M.J. Petersen (zee_redux at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755871-A-Dream