*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756322-Character-Sketch-Kessa-and-Greene
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1756322
This is just a character sketch of Kessa and Greene, a pair of charlatan shape-shifters.
At the edge of the forest Kessa stretched out against a tree and dumped the small sack of coins into her lap. She cackled, and wiggled her boots as she picked out the gold pieces and stacked them neatly on her right side.

“So, how’d we do?” asked Greene from the bushes behind her tree.

“Fifteen gold, thirty-seven silver a couple of copper and a rock.”

“Are you serious? I bet it was that shepherd. I should go eat his sheep.”

“How would it look if you ate his sheep, after, we exercised all their demons?”

“Just one.”

“No!” she yelled as she swept the coins back into the pouch.

“Besides,” she cooed a moment later, “the shepherd offered other compensation…”

Greene grunted and stepped out of the bushes, stretching his furry girth over Kessa’s legs.

“He did huh? Well I’m glad I ate his sheep.”

“You didn’t”

Greene licked his muzzle.

“You know you’re fuckin’ heavy.”

“It was a big sheep.”

Kessa rolled her eyes and tied the coins to her belt.

“Hurry up and shift already, before someone comes lookin’”

“Come on, you know you like the fur.”

Kessa wrapped the strap of her sack around her wrist then smacked the wolf in the head with it. Greene growled, grabbed the sack then sauntered out to the middle of the road. His muzzle tightened around it and he shook it savagely, sending the clothes flying across the dusty road.

“Feel better?” Kessa asked as she pushed herself up.

“Yep”

“Good,” Kessa said as she started down the road, “those were your clothes.”
© Copyright 2011 Whispered Grace (butawhisper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756322-Character-Sketch-Kessa-and-Greene