*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756328-My-perfect-day
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1756328
A day in the life .... i have written a few pieces about in-animated objects.
My Perfect Day.



Straightening my leather jacket and tightening my laces I settled in my basket and relaxed before the big game. It had been a very busy morning, first appointment promptly at 5am, restretched and then tightened and then polished to a glossy red shine. I was then wrapped in a soft warm towel and left to warm myself in the sun. Ohhh how I loved a Saturday game, the pampering beforehand was luxurious, I only did Saturday games now. I found the Friday night matches went far too late, they left me feeling lethargic and unable to perform more than once on the weekend. I had to make sure I stayed in optimum condition; it was an elite sport after all you know.



I could hear the ebb and flow of the crowd gathering above me, their feet thundering along the stadium floor as they made the way to their seats. Cheer squads performing last minute chants and yells of “Get your record here” echoed in the now empty locker room.



Here came Johnny my ball runner for this game, he was a good chap and knew how to choose a ball, not the PVC crap that was made these days. They sat in a basket on the opposite side of the room, no way did I want them anywhere near me, their smell was hideous, they were useless, one good kick and they split at the seams.



I double checked my laces and could hardly contain my excitement as Johnny pushed us out on to the field. It was a perfect day for a game, sun shinning, beer foaming in plastic cups and meat pie wafting its way down onto the field. Ooo my favorite team was playing today I noticed, as they jogged out onto the oval. I loved there colors, so much like my own. Jumpers a nice vibrant red with a black stripe thru the middle, their socks pulled so high and their boots laced as tight as mine. Black armbands took a shine off today, another comrade fallen - but never forgotten.

The crowd swelled to an almost deafening roar, as the players finished their warm ups and stretches. I was almost bouncing out of my basket as Johnny lifted me out and hand balled me to the Ref, I felt so alive, this is what I lived for, this is what I was made for. My name is Sherrin and this is my life.

© Copyright 2011 Roxy Carey (roxanne72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756328-My-perfect-day