*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756504-The-Red-Berry
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Other · #1756504
Vampires romed freely at one time. Read to find out more!!
Preference:

I sit in silence. Confused and interrupted. My life was on the line, and this was no time to mess around. I close my eyes and think of the price I would pay for what I’ve become. A life of misery, a world of regret? Who would ever want that? But that’s one thing I never thought of before I changed. Soon everyone I have ever loved will be dead, and I’ll be here, consuming in my life of changed hate. In case you haven’t got the memo yet…. I am a vampire. I am twenty-two. My love got in the way, and it made me want this so much. Well anyways…. My name is Kyle. Now this, this is my story.



Chapter One: The Scream.



It was late 2009, around November or so. I was flipping through the TV channels. Bored out of my mind, I got up and made a glass of warm black coffee. While I wait, I stare out the kitchen window. A woman with long brown hair walks her dog. I look away and check the coffee. It was ready. I pore a glass, and add salt, lots of salt. I then opened the fridge and made myself a bowl of jello. When I was done I sat back on the couch, and reclined myself back. I took off my shirt, and turned on the TV.  “Ahhhhhhh. Ahhhhh. Somebody help me.” I jumped up and ran outside. The woman that I saw was laying in the road about a quarter mile away, trenched in blood. “Help. Please.” She started to cry. I went back inside and put some shoes on, I also grabbed my jacket. I ran to where she was. I kneeled down and held her head in my freezing hands. I’ll never forget the way she looked at me. “ Are you ok?” I asked. “No,” she said in a scared but lovely voice.

“Who did this?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I never saw his face,” she answered. “All he said was ‘Tis be deadly’, then he stabbed me a couple times and ran off with my purse.” I called the police; they were on their way. While we waited, I offered her my jacket. I then held her head against my warm but yet cold chest.

When the police finally showed, the woman was asleep. They quickly picked her up and put her on a stretcher and sat her in the back of our local ambulance. An officer asked me what I saw, and heard. I told him I saw her walking, and then I looked away. I heard a scream and ran outside to see her bleeding in the road. She told me she was scared and she didn’t know who did this. All she knew is it was a man with a deep voice.  He said thanks and drove off. I went inside and took a long warm shower. I hurried and ate dinner, brushed my teeth and lied down.

I tried to sleep but it wasn’t happening. I could not stop thinking about what just happened outside my house on Cherry Avenue. My mind froze. My heart sunk. And I fell asleep. 

The next day I drove to the hospital to visit the woman. I checked in and walked to her room. She was asleep. She had a cast on her neck. Her hair was golden brown. I walked close to her, and looked upon her face. I then set in the chair second close to the bed. I was examining her every breath detecting her breathing patterns. You can tell the type of person they are just by there breathing format. She had a slow, easy, and calm breathing defect. I soon fell in love with her calming motion while she slept. I then looked around the room at all the equipment and noticed this was no normal doctors office. This was an exiting doctors office!

Then Dr.Drew walked in and asked me if he could ask me a few questions. “Sure.” I said.

“Ok”, “Your name is Drake right?”

“No sir, its Kyle, Kyle Bates.”

“Ya, how old are you?”

“Twenty one sir.”

“Do you have any kids?”

“No sir”

“Ok, how long have you lived in Draville?”

“My whole life sir.”

“Do you have any family around here?”

“Ya, my brother Tom, my dad Phil, and my Uncle Louis. That’s about it;

I mean I have a few cousins here, but none that I talk to.”

“Thank you, that will be all.”

“Thanks By.”

“See Ya.”

I walked out of the Doctors office curious why Dr.Drew wanted to know all this info, I mean there’s proof that I didn’t do it, and I know I didn’t do it…maybe it was part of his job…who knows?







Chapter Two: Jane







         The next morning I drove to the hospital to see her. I checked in again and walked down the hall to the elevator. I rode it up to floor seven and got off. I took a left down the main hall, and a right into her room. I knocked on the wall, and opened the curtain. She looked at me and smiled. “I remember you, you’re the man who rescued me.” “Yes, My name is Kyle Bates, but you may call me Kyle. “

“My name is Jane, Jane Creed, you may call me whatever.” “Hello Jane.” “Hello Kyle thank you for helping me.” “No problem, your problem is my problem now.” “Really, you think you can handle my situation?” “I know I can, I already called your boss and told him your taking a weeks off, I called your mom, and sister, they will be here soon. And I paid your apartment rent, your dog is at my house, fed and bathed, and the police records are clean.” “Really, you did that for me?” “Ya, I suppose I did.” “Well thank you, you must be a generous man doing all this

For a stranger you know nothing about.”

         I took a seat in the same chair I sat in yesterday.

I reached in my pocket and took out my phone. My brother Tom was calling me. I pressed the ignore button and looked up at Jane. She was busy staring at the paint splatters on the ceiling. She still had the brace on her neck, and a cast around her stomach. I looked at her left arm, and what I saw made me think.

There were human bite marks along the lower portion. Her veins were bulged up around them. As if venom was spreading in them.

         “What are you looking at?” she asked with a strange, determined voice.

         “Your arm has marks on it, do you know how they got there?” I asked.

         “Well they were not there before I was attacked, the man must have bit me.”

         “Do they hurt?” I asked.

         “Painfully hurt.” She replied.

         “Sorry, but I am very noisy when I get nervous.”

         “Why would you be nervous?” she asked.

         “I tend to get nervous in hospitals.” I replied.

  We both laughed and smiled at each other. It was a time the two of us would remember. Then the weirdest thing happened. I looked out the window and I swear the man in the road was starring right at me. But when I looked at him he simply covered his face with his hat and disappeared into the traffic. I looked back at Jane. “What’s wrong” Jane asked.

“Um, nothing I just saw something that was out

of the ordinary, but it was nothing.”

“Um, ok then.” She replied.

The nurse walked in and asked me to leave.

I said bye and walked out the door. I walked down the hallway, onto the elevator, and out the lobby.  I got in my car and went to start it. It wouldn’t start. I was so confused. It was running fine a half hour ago. I guess I’ll check the engine. I know I wasn’t out of gas. Maybe it just stalled. I popped the hood and walked to the front of my car. I looked around at the cords and the engine. Everything was fine. I closed my hood and got back in my car. I tried starting it again but it didn’t start. It just made a gore noise and stalled. I tried again and again.  Suddenly I just gave up and called a tow truck to tow my car to the nearest mechanic. I told him not to worry about me I was fine walking. I took my coat and coffee out and began to walk.

         As I walked I saw the sun begin to set. The sky was a nice pink and orange color. And I knew what that met, a full moon. The only time orange and pink mix in the sky is on a full moon. It was still a little light out. I stopped by speedway and got some pizza and a coke. I wondered if Jane ever thinks about me. Cause I sure do think of her. I decided I did not want to walk the rest of the five miles to my house. So I whistled to the taxi man. He drove up and let me in. I told him to take me to 1799 Cherry Avenue. He told me to pay him eleven dollars and eighty-eight cents. I gave him the money and he started to drive. A few minutes into the ride I looked out the window to a man. He was in the car right next to us. He was the same man I had seen outside the hospital. I looked at the taxi man, which had just shut off the radio, then looked back. He was gone. When I looked back at the car the man was gone. We suddenly turned onto my rode and the other car kept driving forward, not turning. I thought it was suspicious, but he might have laid down or ducked or something. The taxi man stopped next to my driveway. “Have a nice night sir.” He said with an unauthorized grin. His teeth were sharp and bright white, as if cleaned by a wolf. I ran inside and locked the door. I hurried and ate. Then I went straight to bed after brushing my teeth.
© Copyright 2011 Salvator (pollityl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756504-The-Red-Berry