*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756639-Azai
by Zazzle
Rated: E · Assignment · None · #1756639
Character Description for my English Writing class.
His eyes were a clear, steady green, like the green of a glass bottle after it has been broken and beaten until it is smooth by the sea. They were set solidly below his brows and they always seemed alive, as if the colours of the world around him took on a life of their own within them. There were flecks of gold when he watched the sun set and tints of blue when he watched the sea, but now they were cold and empty. As we stood in the cold barren room that used to be part of our school his shoulders, which were broad, strong and always held the weight of his world so well were broken and shaking. He removed his jacket and a small snow storm of ash fell to the ground in spirals as he gently placed it around my shoulders, which is when I realized I was shivering.

“Here Megan, you probably need it more than I do right now.” His voice was deep, husky and empty. Which scared me, it was normally so full of life, joy and laughter. As he placed the jacket around my shoulders I noticed his hands, they could fit my hands in them twice over, and they were so strong and sure. Even in the horror of our surroundings they still did not shake. My friends and I had always admired this boy from afar, across the court yard, in corridors when no one noticed who you were looking at, but now I realized how petty and shallow we had been. This boy was not just a painting, he had depth and character and a strength that I could only envy. And I had never even asked him his name.

“Thank you,” I held my breath and let it out slowly. “I’m so sorry, but, I never learnt your name.” I could barely get the sentence out, I felt so sick at the thought of how shallow I had been. He smiled at me gently as if he didn’t care how petty I had been.
“My name is Azai.”
© Copyright 2011 Zazzle (zazzle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756639-Azai