*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756862-The-Checklist-chap2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1756862
Second part of 'The Checklist'
After a few minutes I finally stopped, "Sorry," I whispered into his hard, surprisingly comfortable chest. He slightly loosened his arms, just enough that he look at me.
"It's okay, I don't mind." A soft smile touched his lips as he spoke. He relaxed his arms and let them fall to his side. "So, I don't really want to go to class now."
"Your first day of school and you're already cutting classes." I shook my head laughed, wipping away my tears.
"I don't want to be here in the first place." He shrugged and turned his head to the side. "Back to the maze?"
"Back to the maze." We both turned and headed back to the stone bench.

Xavier and I went to our third and fourth period classes, which we didn't have together, but they were close enough we walked to and from together. I was now on my way to fifth period gym with my newly found companion. Being that we were the only people not in uniforms or, maybe, because we just simply didn't look like everyone else, was getting us constant stares. We, of course, thought this was hilarious.
"I'll see you later." Xavier said we parted. I smiled and nodded, then walked into gym.
I came in about a minute late, so the coach just thought I was getting changed when I stayed in the locker room after the other girls had left. Most of the girls left their lockers open, so while the rest of the class started basket ball games, I filled my arms full uniforms. I gladly piled all the cloths into one of the showers and turned on the cold water. Having only ten minutes of class left everyone filed in ready to change. Smirking, I stood by the door anticipating their reactions.
High pitched angry screams echoed through the room as people realized that their cloths were in the shower. I burst out laughing, unable to hold my joy back.
"It was the stupid emo!" Some girl shrieked and pointed at me. All eyes landed on me.
"Miss. Burns!" The coach called.
"Yeah, yeah I know, Deans office" I finished for her, still laughing.
"Die emo bitch!" Another girl called from behind me as I made my way out of the locker room.
"You don't even know..." I mumbled.
As I passed a class room, I heard a the teacher yell, "Mr. Evens, where do you think you're going?!" A hand fell on my shoulder then, making me stop.
"Hey whats wrong?" Xavier questioned worriedly.
Trying to hide my sadness and exhaustion I plastered on a fake smile and said, "Nothing, I'm fine."
"Lier," He accused, seeing through my mask. "Let me take you home?"
"Yeah...sure." I whispered tiredly.
We walked out to his fairly new pick-up truck and, like a gentleman, he helped me in. I gave him directions to my foster home and we drove off. Soon after he pulled in front the house. "Will you tell me what's wrong?" He asked, locking the doors. I slowly shook my head and looked at my hands in my lap. Xavier reached over and put a hand on mine. "Well can I at least walk you inside?"
"No!" I said too quickly. "I mean I don't know how my foster parents would feel about that." If they found out they would hurt me, it would have been worse then if they found out I had left school.
"Oh, okay," He said looking skeptical, but he still unlocked the door. Quickly, I jumped out and walked through the door of the house.
Once inside I quietly shut the door and snuck to my room. I had the only attic room and it happened to have a window facing a lower part of the roof. Quietly opening the window I dropped to the roof and carfully walked into an alcove made by the turning of the roof. Putting my iPod in I planed to hide there until school was out.

I checked the time once again, waiting for the perfect moment to slip off the roof and re-enter the house through the front door. Doing this I hoped to avoid any confrontation between Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, especially considering what had happened that morning.
There was a lower section of the room only around ten feet from the ground, that I jumped from. Then I made my way around the house to the front door. Both mr. And Mrs. Taylor's lavish cars were parked in the driveway, which ment I had hopefully planed this perfectly. I stepped silently through the door and shut it almost inaudubly. "Why are you being so sneaky? Something you hiding?" Mrs. Taylor said as she slowly descended the stairs, the short train of her elegant, lavender dress trailing behind her.
© Copyright 2011 S. M. Smith (punkychickxd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756862-The-Checklist-chap2