*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757112-The-Adventures-of-Stone-CH-4
by Rain
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1757112
(Traitor Amongst Us) Stone returns with a heavy heart only to find something bigger afoot
The Adventures of Stone: Chapter 4 Traitor Amongst Us

It seemed the world was just falling apart. I was going to be expelled, she told me? I couldn't even imagine what my parents would say, or the fact that my dream wouldn't come true of being a guardian for my home I grew up in. This both disgusted me, but also brought up a question, "for what?"
I just stared off in the distance, holding back hatred.

Xipil: "Come on, I haven't all day for you, Comanche lets go." She frowned and took flight pushing up smoke as she sky rocketed upwards.

Comanche: "I.. I'm sorry man." with that, he turned and left with Xipil.

I followed behind him, without saying a word the entire to trip, neither to them or Sparkle, whom looked my way sympathetically. We arrived back at the academy a little over nighttime, the night guards were out, enormous, bulking dragons, wielding maces that had armor plates on their dense looking scales. I took separate paths from the others and went to Exodus's chambers, with a dragon I haven't seen before staring back at me as I entered.

old pale dragon: "Greetings, young one. You seek Exodus correct?"

Stone: "Yes can you direct me to him please?"

old pale dragon: "No, he is gone off to the Tribal village, known as Viza eka tot lacezd, it means The Village that was Torn apart."

Stone: "Viza eka tot lacezd.." I mumbled, "I need to go there. How far is it? Oh and I never caught your name."

The elder dragon took a seat away from the dusty tomes on the shelves to take a seat upon Exodus's throne. He grabbed his aged, silver and red beard as if contemplating what he was about to say. He let out a gruff from his wrinkled snout.

Omara: I am Omara, as for your destination lies to the east, exactly thirteen miles away."

I thanked him and left without hesitation. Xipil did not tell me this, the situation was getting stranger and stranger. I began to wonder if this was some sort of trap, I had a gut feeling about it. I flew through the forest the leaves rustling as I ventured to this village. Hopefully I don't get lost, but I don't see any villages. When suddenly a ice icicle hit me in my face, nearly blinding me. A steady stream of blood began to drip down my face and into my eye. I had to land at this point, I didn't know where the attacker was and flying like this was futile. I tumbled my way through a few trees, landing dizzily on the fresh grass. I met my attack face to face now. A tribal dragon the color of the icicle he hit me with, but covered in tattoos and had spikes in random places along his body and tail.

Ice dragon: "Who are you? What you want with this place, answer quick or I finish you." He formed an ice crystal from his mouth and placed it in his hand, poised to throw it at my face.

Stone: "Woah, take it easy. I am just looking for Viz eka..."

Ice dragon: "Silence! How do you know the ancients language? Perhaps you are a friend. In fact maybe you can aid us in finding the identity of this dragon who wandered in without invitation, prodding for information and get rid of him."

It must be Exodus! I thought, I agreed and we ventured on the ground by foot. I looked around seeing white banners with smeared yellow symbols. These were symbols of the holy dragons that once roamed the earth freely. Before the age of man who waged bloody wars with them and managed to banish them to the deep reaches of the land. Which later turned to dense forests by the earth god dragon, to shield them from danger. Me and my "guide" reached a large cliff and fly up to see an assortment of dragons bowing to a large white dragon. He stood on his hind legs, smoking on a large wooden pipe with carvings at the bottom.

Grand dragon: "Who is this, Frostbite? Another out lander?" releasing a puff on purple smoke that drifted in the air.

Frostbite: "A friend, Tenzeredos my Emperor."

Stone: "Uh, Tenzeredos, did a dragon by the name of Exodus come into this encampment?"

Tenzerdos: "Oh, so he is not a spy from my brother? Well atleast that is out of the way it seems. There have been quite a few many dragons passing through here. He just made the most noise, shouting about a Dark Lord? Yes quite, needed info that one." taking another large puff of his mighty pipe.

I explained what he meant and asked if I could see him. He said that he did not tell him anything because he didn't know, however he told him his brother might, because he dealt in more sinister like things. He has not seen him since then. I left towards where he said his brother was. I crossed a large crack in the forest path, it must of marked territory change. I saw banners but this time the symbols were in black and red, and they were for the dragon under-god. I approached a large throne embedded with human and dragon skulls, sitting on the throne was a large dragon very similar to the one before but, this one had a dark aura to him. Before I could start talking to the dragon, two black dragons tackled me down and yelled to their leader that they caught another intruder, and threw in front of his talons."

Zoltron: "I am Zoltron, Emperor of the dragons of the west, I sense you talked to my brother? You have his scent, just as the other one who opposed me." He roared.

Stone: "Where is he! What have you done to him?"

Zoltron: "Such insolence! You pitiful dragon, you wait your turn to speak and address me Emperor, or I will burn you till your ashes." His evil, yellow eyes gleamed.

Stone: "I will not, I just wish to know where Exodus is!"

Exodus: "Boy, What are you doing here?"

I heard this from my right and glanced over to see Exodus, in a cave with bone bars, he was bruised a bit, with his lower lip cut bad. Then I turned and looked at the Emperor realizing he had far more damage sustained to him.

Stone: "Exodus, I came to find you, I had a question."

Zoltron: "Oh you wish to be with your friend?"

He grabbed me up but I bit his claws so deeply, that he couldn't stand it and threw me down. The same two dragons that captured me grabbed me up and through me in the prison, wounding my leg.

Stone: "Why did you expel me, sir?" Is all I managed to let out.

Exodus: "Expel? I was told telepathically by Xipil, that you headed to this village with clear information that the Dark Lord was here. I rushed as quickly as I could leaving here to assist you." I just told Omara to fill in for me for a bit. Then this happened."

Stone: "What? She said she wanted me to talk to you because, you expelled me. Wait was this a trap to get us together!?"

Exodus: "Xipil would never do that. There has to be some miss-communication." He tensed up.

Suddenly a group of dragons with armor on came to the village landing in front of the cage. They were all grey, and had a symbol on their arm that meant death, with Xipil behind them.

Xipil: "Hahahaha, perfect I knew this would turn out just the way I wanted Exodus wounded and Stone foolishly with him, Nero will be pleased indeed. With two meddling fools out of the way.

Stone/Exodus: "Nero?"

Xipil: "Yes, the true master-puppeteer, everyone believes Deminos is the Dark Lord, like that weakling Valefore. He served the wrong master." She chuckled

Zoltron: "What are you doing back here?" He reared up off his throne and began to walk over to us.

Xipil: "I no longer need you, fool." Her eyes turned violet and Zoltron's own men began to strike, catching him off guard.

More of his servants came out and began to attack him. After a few minutes they managed to kill him and then approached us as well. I counted around eleven dragons not including this traitor Xipil. This could be the end for me I thought. No I won't let it happen.

Stone: "No! You won't get away with this, I swear it."

I was just about to attack when a large beam of purple came down and wiped out two of the dragons, like they were sheep. Spyro and Cynder came hurdling toward us, unleashing a variety of elements on the crowed.

Xipil: "Damn it! I thought you were gone."

Spyro: "A old dragon led me here. When I got close enough I knew I sensed danger."

The dragons began to shoot flames out making one large fire ball that burned everything in its path. But Spyro and Cynder got together and formed a purple blast, sending it back three fold. A few managed to scatter away, but the rest were charred. Xipil, tried to hide her fear as she was the only one left to face the Heros.

Spyro: "I suggest you just leave."

Xipil: "Nice try. Even if I die in the honor of Nero. He will defeat you.

Spyro's brow narrowed he remembered that name from a while back. He once fought this dragon, nearly dying, for Cynder. I could see on his face that he had a ping of fear run down his spine. But he quickly came back to his senses.

Spyro: "If you wish to follow in his footsteps, then I will have to defeat you, in the name of good."

Xipil teleported in front of him and bit his wing, before she could tear it off, a lance tail struck her , releasing a writhing pain in her ribs. She let go and grabbed Cynder's tail throwing her back and forth. Spyro's scales started to form lightning sparks, that shot around the forest knocking one of the trees down by forming electric blades. Spyro had since honed his skills to a far superior state, through the years. The nearly hit Xipil, had she not made a invisible shield around her. This brought memories of Nero back, he had used that same invisible shield against him, to block his purple fire. Xipil looked surprised, she had not conjured this shield. A white and yellow dragon came out. He wore black glasses that hid his deep brown eyes, he had a black tear drop on his cheek, and a tattoo on his leg. He glared at me and Exodus. He stuck his paw out and pointed towards Exodus engulfing him in darkness. I tried to grab on to him but it was to late. The darkness went crashing into the ground and the earth was replaced behind him, burying him alive.

Spyro: "You!"

Spyro began to charge at him mouth ablaze ready to send a heated welcome. Nero took off his shades, the once brown eyes with replaced with harsh yellow eyes. He threw his glasses in the air, showing Spyro's reflection and with surprising speed, stopped Spyro in his tracks, grabbing his throat and slamming him into the ground, making his attack backfire in his face. He snatched the glasses from the air putting them back on, cracking his neck he turned back towards Xipil.

Nero: "Xipil it is time to leave, we will allow our guests speak in private, we have much to do, for the great change."

Xipil: "But we can't, leave Sto.."

Nero: "We are leaving NOW.

with that Xipil teleported both of them out of there. Spyro stood back up dust and blood on his snout. Cynder rushed to his side, checking on her beloved. Stone came back to reality, walked towards them.

Stone: "I want revenge, Exodus didn't deserve to die like this, we have to stop Nero."

Spyro: "This, great change he mentioned cannot be good. Who knows what he could be planning. Do we have any clues to know what exactly he will be doing?"

Stone frowned, he was not to sure, but he has a slight idea that was worth a try to he told Spyro what they should do. They all went back to the academy to look in Xipil's chambers to see if she left anything that might lead them to what they would be up to.

(POV Change)-Nero

I stood at the top of the Mountain of Malefor, or the Well of Souls some call it. I had cleared out all the remaining apes that inhabited this spot. For I planned to awake the Earth Golem, as step one of my plan. Nero's followers gathered, a massive army The three headed manifestation, Xipil his General, and many smaller dragon tribes from all around Draconia's massive forest.

Nero: "I will remake this world, not only will I get rid off all the humans who enslave dragons, but those dragons who made themselves pet's of the humans!"

The crowed cheered, awaiting further orders.
© Copyright 2011 Rain (hades214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757112-The-Adventures-of-Stone-CH-4