*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757401-THE-WHEATVILLE-HIGH-SPY-chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1757401
The first chapter in the novel. Please use honest reviews
“Tim wake up, wake up you stump its time for school!” The voice says, interrupting my sleep and causing me to open my eyes. My alarm clock reads 6:08 and makes a loud beeping noise that must have gone off since 6:00. “Im up, im up.” I grumbled as I got off my bed and hit the off button on the alarm clock. The voice turns out to be my caretaker Chelsey Hurn who seemed to be gathering clothes for my first day of school. Oh boy, school. I’ve dreaded this day every since I turned 15 two months ago. Some of the kids here in the orphanage say that public school is a mess where all of the stupid and low life kids are forced to go. They also told me about the fights that happen everyday at the school and how nobody gives a damn about you. Kinda how it feels in this place. “Here take these clothes and go take a shower.” Chelsey says while handing me a set of clothes.

“Why do I need to take a shower? Its not like im meeting the president or something.”

“Do you really wanna smell bad on your first day of school? Just take a shower, you only have an hour before the bus leaves.”

Defeated, I walk out of my room and get inside the bathroom across the hall. Me and Chelsey usually have these fights on a day to day base, but shes my only friend in the orphanage, even though shes like 30 something. I remove my pajamas and hop inside the shower. The water is hot and relaxing and does a good job of keeping my mind off of school. I thought about just staying in the shower all day but that would just make Chelsey angry and you don’t want her on her angry side. After about 10 minutes, I turned off the water and put a towel around my skinny frame. The mirror above the sink was covered in fog so I wiped enough of it off to see my face. The thing that I’m most proud of is my naturally good looks, my bright blue eyes and short blond hair made me compare myself to a guy on the Mans Health magazine, but the thing I lack in the perfect male from is physical appearance. Im about 5`11 and 120 pounds, I don’t have a lot of muscles and definitely don’t have the body as one too. After putting on my clothing which was a standard white t shirt and a pair of jeans, I head downstairs to eat my breakfast. The cafeteria in the Orphanage looks like a cafeteria I once saw on a show about prison. A bunch of large tables spread out around the area and a very large table that contains breakfast. Today’s breakfast is…cereal. Disappointed, I grab a bowl and fill it with Wheat Thins and milk. Out of nowhere Chelsey pops up and begins with her nagging, “Come on hurry up, the bus is not gonna wait for you if your late.” Ignoring her, I grab a plastic spoon and sit myself at a table in the corner of the cafeteria. After im done, I head back to my room to find Chelsey packing up a backpack full of school supplies. “Alright your all set, oh and your schedule is in the side pocket.”

“Do I really have to go?”

“Yes of course, everybody has to go sometime.”

She senses the worry on my face and tries to cheer me up. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. High school is a main event in your life and I know your gonna enjoy.”

She gives me a light hug and hands me the backpack “Now hurry, before you miss the bus.”

“Ok” I said, feeling a lot better “Ill see you after school Chelsey, bye” I put on the backpack and ran out the door. I checked my watch, 6:58! The bus leaves in two minutes! Bursting into a sprint, I dodge kids just waking up and get angry insults from them. Opening the front door, the cool air of November morning made me wish I brought my jacket. When I arrived at the bus stop, I started to panic. Nobody was there besides me. My panic ended when the bus rounded the corner of a street and drove towards. Relief rushed over me when it stopped in front of me, but fear began establishing inside me as I realize that this was the bus that was taking me to Hell.





© Copyright 2011 bookeagle18 (akbloodhound at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757401-THE-WHEATVILLE-HIGH-SPY-chapter-1