*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757583-Hawks-Contest---197-Words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by donna
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1757583
Hawk's Vocabulary Extravagnza
Haimish was in a catatonic state when given the diagnosis. His wife told him that he looked churlish and needed to see a doctor to get whatever this was taken care of. She could not stand to look at him anymore.
He went to the doctor to find out what had caused his repugnant appearance. The Nosologist informed him that he had a condition called pyknic; little did he know this just meant he was short and fat. He asked what he may possibly do to get rid of this condition. As he was a lychnobite, he was able to visit the doctor during the day with no worries of loss of work.
The specialist said, “You don’t require any special doctors, you just need to go on a low-fat diet, begin an exercise program, and change your eating habits.
When Haimish returned home and told his wife what his condition was called. She immediately went to the internet and found that the meaning was one having a fat, round, and short physique. They both burst out in laughter as they read on and wondered why the doctor didn’t just tell him he was SHORT and FAT!
© Copyright 2011 donna (dnichols at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757583-Hawks-Contest---197-Words