*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759138-Cano-Orfeos-past-chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Animal · #1759138
Coming Straight from FurAffinity; my character's story.
Just a note: Cano Orfeo is an anthropomorphic wolf.



It was two months after “it” happened. By “it” I mean one of my ‘repressed’ memories. I don’t like to even think about it. About the only thing I can say that involves it is that I have no family. I could never even have had a family. But that’s about families; I don’t want to talk about families.
As I was saying, it was two months of wandering. Just looking for somewhere to stay, and whenever I did, someone made me leave. Wisconsin had one of the coldest blizzards that winter, but I was lucky enough to be inside that day. But the next day I was kicked out, leaving me to have to nearly swim through the 20” high snow. Worst part was the only one I could talk to was me; no pep talk from a friend, nothing. Yet I still wandered.
Eventually I got to Superior, in northern Wisconsin. When I first saw it I thought that it was a bad idea going into a real city. But then I thought that I might find someone who would accept me for what I am and not get kicked out. That thought went away as soon as it came, and logic came back. However, just as I was going to turn around, I saw something bright; red and blue. “Crap!” I was running from the cops now. I knew if I left the borders of the city I’d be safe; for a couple of minutes at least. When I saw the lights again, I dove into the snow. I was doing everything I could to escape the cops. Fortunately, it worked, the cops went back.
It wasn’t that I did anything illegal; it’s just that when a cop sees a wolf, they’ll do anything they can to keep it away from their city.
The next place I thought of going was Canada, but that would be nearly impossible. Besides, that would be illegal, and I was already as wanted as I was then. But I knew that eventually I’d run out of places to go, and would need to leave the country. Mexico was in a drug war, everywhere else would require a boat, except for Canada. I needed a way to get into Canada without being spotted.
That night, I had plan. It was insane, risky, and stupid, but it was the best plan I ever thought of. I was going to walk across the river to Duluth the next day.
© Copyright 2011 LoneWolf65 (drex5004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759138-Cano-Orfeos-past-chapter-1