*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759320-Disco-Lights
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Other · #1759320
I don't really know what this is. Please review and rate :)
You grabbed my hand and spun me towards you. Before I knew it, we were dancing. For the first time, I felt free. The warm sand was soft beneath our feet, the sunset ablaze with a scene of a radiant orange that sort of spun. Disco lights. Like disco lights.

You pulled me to your chest where I could hear your heartbeat. It, somehow, relaxed me. You’d obviously felt this and held me tighter.

“I love you,” you whispered. “More than this... More than any of this.”

I didn’t bother to wipe the tear from my eye.

...

I felt you breathing, behind me. Your naked chest was warm against my back, and your arms were around my waist. I wouldn’t be fazed.

I turned around, expecting to see you sleeping. I liked to watch you sleep, but this was the first time we were sleeping in the same bed. Of course, you were wide awake.

You smiled. I loosened your grip and rolled to the other side of the bed.

“Blah... Too much wine.”

You smirked. “You didn’t have a drop last night.”

“I did. I had quite a lot, actually.” I don’t know why I was being argumentative. I have a tendency to do this.

You raised your eyebrow. I turned away (for I am a terrible liar). You moved closer to me. The hairs on my back were standing up.

You pressed your lips to my ear and murmured...

“Bullshitter.” I grabbed a pillow (Feather. Very, very comfortable), and I hit you square on the head. You gasped. The word left my lips before I could stop it.

“Sorry”. You glared at me. I didn’t mean to hurt you. Of course, a flash of menace crossed your eyes. Damn it. Before I knew it, you’d slammed a pillow on my chest. I leapt on you, pillow in arm, prepared to hit the crap out of you. As I started to beat you, you just kept laughing and laughing, so I chucked the pillow (I think it hit a lamp, or something) and started to hit you. Mainly your chest. Yet you grabbed my wrists.

Everything from there happened in slow motion.

© Copyright 2011 Alicia Twinn (sparklyeyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759320-Disco-Lights