*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759753-May-1st
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1759753
The King has a new Queen.
May 1st
by Stephen A Abell

Number of Words: 295



Oh, she looks so beautiful in her bridal gown. It fits perfectly and looks exactly like the original. He will be pleased.

The slumped figure in the chair groaned as it shifted slightly. It wouldn’t be long before she came round. The man in the dog collar clapped his hands in excitement. Unable to contain his joy, he skipped merrily about the room.

Good, good. Soon she’ll know what true love is...

Looking about, he marveled at what money and sweat could achieve. Years he had toiled, working for other people. Building and creating their little havens and slices of heaven; wasn’t it just that now he stood in his. Business had been profitable, and this profit had allowed him to attain the key element to his dream. Everybody does have a price.

So beautiful, so perfect... The perfect bride.

Part of his dream was to own a church and convert it into a family home. He’d found the church, but not the family. Though, a family would’ve only made things difficult.

“Where am I?” the slurred female voice quietly asked.

“At your wedding,” he replied in joyful excitement.

“Wedding?” She coughed and tried to cup a hand to her mouth... “Why the fuck am I tied up, you sick fuck?”

“So you don’t try to run off before the ceremony, silly.”

“You can’t do this, I’m only fourteen shithead.”

“I know. But what the king wants... the king gets. So I got you for him. I am his greatest fan after all.”

Regaining some self-control, she glanced around her surroundings.

Her scream echoed down the aisles as she saw the desiccated corpse dressed in a white jumpsuit bedazzled with rhinestones and jewels, grotesquely propped up beside her.

Thank ya’... Thank ya’ very much.



For the contest "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge based on the prompt “Include Bride, King, & Fan in your story.”
© Copyright 2011 Pennywise (pennywise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759753-May-1st