*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759816-Cano-Orfeos-past-chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Animal · #1759816
Chapter 2
Cano Orfeo’s past


Chapter 2: On Thin Ice


I had a dream that night. Well, “dream” isn’t exactly the right word for it, more like “nightmare”. In the dream, I was home, nice and warm, not worrying about what others thought about me. Actually, everyone was like me; an animal that could walk. I was drinking hot cocoa while watching AFV with two other wolves. For some reason they both looked familiar to me. We were all laughing at the funny things that happened to the people in the clips. Then I accidentally spilled my hot cocoa on myself in the laughter.
Then I awoke. I knew who they were. I had a family, but I didn’t know why I wasn’t there instead of a blizzard. I knew something happened.
So later, maybe in the afternoon, I came to the place that I would cross the river. It was a dumb idea, since I’d be out in the open, but like I said before, I didn’t have a better plan. Not even a “plan B”.
I started my long journey across the river. I was very careful of where I stepped. I knew that if I took a wrong step, I’d lose the last thing I had: Me.
The ice was so very cold, even with my dark fur. I slipped once, and as I fell, I thought it was the end. I landed on thick ice though, and even though you would think other wise, I was happy I nearly got a concussion instead of a very cold swim.
I finally made it across the river. I think it took a day to cross it. That was my first river I’ve ever crossed, and I hoped it would be the last.
Unfortunately, however, I soon found out that Duluth was also a city. That meant I’d have to travel either on the coast of the river or through the forest. I decided on the forest, because then I’d be less noticeable. When I got there, I knew what a real forest looked like. It was huge, full of trees, and made you feel like you were in Left 4 Dead. Sounds were everywhere as if something was trying to keep you from going any further. As it turned out, there was something in the forest.
© Copyright 2011 LoneWolf65 (drex5004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759816-Cano-Orfeos-past-chapter-2