*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759925-Amnesia-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Teen · #1759925
Bill's family and friends deal with the aftermath of the crash


Bill had no idea what hit him. The whole world was nothing but a pain so terrible that it blocked out his very thoughts. All he could see was red and felt something very warm running down the side of his head and it felt like something sharp had embedded itself in his side. Then he blacked out again and didn't come back until he heard a scream that sounded like it was far away and then he heard sirens a few minutes later. The pain hadn't let up, but now he could feel something moving. It took him a moment to realize it was the door to his truck. Then it all went dark again and he didn't wake again for some time.


Alice looked on in horror as the emergency units used a machine to pry the door off of Bill's truck. It had seemed like mere seconds ago that she had been behind him at the light, then he drove out into the four way and had been crushed by a passing semi-truck. She could still see the look of horror on the drivers face as he realized what had happened. People where running all over the place doing what they could and crowing around the accident, but all she could do was sit there in her her car and shake. Her breaths where coming in short and painful gasps. As the emergency units pulled Bill out of his truck she caught her breath when she saw the amount of blood drenching him and the large piece of car metal stuck in his side. she gasped and covered her mouth as she felt tears well up and for a moment she couldn't breath as her heart sped up even faster. "No," she whispered to herself between her crying, "This can't be happening, please God tell me this isn't happening." The Emergency units set him down on one of the stretchers and checked for a pulse. One of the EMT's looked over at the other and Alice could see the look on his face wasn't positive. She grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket and dialed the number for Bill's Mom's cell phone. She knew how this was going to end, but his Mom had to know fast.

It didn't take Cassidy long to get to the hospital. When she arrived she found that Alice was already there waiting. she looked over at the girl and saw that she had been crying as well. "Alice what happened?" she asked in a choked voice. Alice had tried to explain on the phone, but she hadn't been able to hold her self together and had broken down into sobbing. Alice wiped the tears from her eyes and looked up at Cassidy. "The police saids that it was a..." she paused to fight back more tears, "a faulty traffic light. They both saw a green light and Bill got..." she couldn't finish her sentence reliving the scene over again in her head and breaking into more tears. Cassidy collapsed on the seat next to Alice and started crying just imagining the scene in her head. They both sat there for some time until the doctor finally came out. He was a big man with a soft voice and graying black hair. Cassidy quickly stood up and walked over to him. "What's going on, is he going to be okay?!" she asked panicky. The doctor sighed and gave the speech that Alice was sure he had rehearsed at least once. "I can't say right now. We did the best we could and it's possible that he could pull through, but the odds aren't good. He took a large blow to the head and we believe that even if he can make it, we think there may be some complications." he said. Cassidy fell back in her chair and started crying again just as fierce as she had been moments before. Alice felt something in her quiver and finally break. She had tried o stay positive and believe that Bill could make it no matter how grim it looked, but hearing the doctor say that the odds of him surviving where slim had taken away all of the hope she had had. All she could do was sit and stare at the wall, no thoughts in her mind, just staring at the bright white walls of the emergency room.

Bill felt cold, freezing in fact. He opened his eyes and found himself standing in a room with pure white walls. That was all that was there, walls that where pure white. No spots, no pictures, no texture, just white. it seemed to glow wit ha kind of light that wasn't natural. "Well, well, well" a voice said from behind him, "look who decided to drop in." He turned quickly to the sound of the voice and saw a figure sitting in a chair. It was the only object in the room other then the two men. "Where am I?" Bill asked. The figure laughed, but didn't raise it's head. It just kept looking at the ground, that also glowed with an unnatural white glow. "I wouldn't expect you to know that, but just for the hell of it why don't you take a guess." the voice was eerily familiar and yet at the same time so strange and alien. Bill looked around the room and racked his brain. "I don't know." he said finally. The figure cackled in laughter. "Oh come now, what's the fun of this game if you don't even try and answer the question?" it said. Bill shook his head. "Look , I don't want to play your games, just tell me where I am." he said. The figure chuckled and shook it's head. "Come one, what's the big deal?" it said, "it's just a game right? I promise you, you can't lose, just try and take a guess." Bill clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. "Cut the bullshit, Just tell me where the hell I am!" he yelled. The figure laughed even more and shook his head and moved his finger back and forth. "Tisk,tisk,tisk," he chided, "now your all mad. That's not going to get you anywhere." it said. Bill rushed over and grabbed the figure out of the chair and pressed it up against the wall with his hand around it's throat, "Listen I'm tired of this, now tell me what the hell is going on now!" he growled. the figure laughed even harder and slowly looked up until it met Bill's eyes. When Bill met he figures eyes he realized that he had seen them before. They where the same eyes that had been staring back at him that morning in the rear view mirror. They where his eyes.

The boy opened his eyes and looked around the room. He was in a hospital bed and his body was killing him and he had the worst headache he had ever had. Or was it? He tried to think about headaches he'd had before but couldn't think of any. It suddenly occurred to him that he had no idea how he had gotten here. Then a scary realization dawned on him: He didn't know his own name. He had no idea who he was or what had happened. He had no memory.

© Copyright 2011 Alucard1563 (colbymartin13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759925-Amnesia-Chapter-2