*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760117-What-On-My-Mind
Rated: E · Fiction · Friendship · #1760117
What four friends has to said to each other.
What's On Your Mind?

Rachel tells Gerald that she wants to meet with the rest of them to tell them, what's going on. Gerald tells Rachel that when he see Sonia and Thomas that he'll tells them to meet her at her house. She tells him okay meet me at 8:00p.m. They depart and they went on their way.

Rachel goes in her class there's several students gather together in the corner of the classroom talking among them. Rachel sits down in her normal seat at the middle of the class. The teacher finally comes in 5 minutes after the bell and she always tells the students that they should worry about being late because in order for them to graduate. And we much not has any more than ten late notices. How dumb?

Gerald goes in his class and starts joking with the other guys about the girls in the class. One of the girls is pregnancy and she is big as a beach ball. He goes over to her and laughs at her and says where is the father of your baby at? Is he getting someone else pregnancy or doing your mother. She shouts at him and she starts to cry. The teacher tells him to sits down or go to the office. Gerald and the rest of the guys sits down. The teacher tells them that since he so worry all her life they are going to talks about what makes the young girls goes to guys for social habits. Gerald raises his hand and the teacher points to him to speak. He tells her because they just wants them to burst their cherry. One girl raises her hand and tells them that not true. They are curious about it just as much as the guys are why doesn't they believe them either. The guys yells Gerald is right they just wants us to burst their cherry. Everyone start to snicker. The teacher tells everyone since they got it out of their system gets back to school work. Just as everyone starts to do their assignment the loud speaker comes on. 'Ladies and gentlemen there will be a special assembly in the auditorium with the guess speaker is The Prince of Wales'. Everyone was surprise. Some of them shouts, “Who is the Prince of Wales?”.

The teacher quiet everyone down and heads off towards the auditorium. The whole school is there waiting for the Prince to come on stage. Sonia and Thomas see Rachel and Gerald and wave their hand to them. They couldn't speech to each other because of the assembly. They use their idiosyncratic code of two finger to tell each other to meet at Rachel's house.

The assembly is so boring that is has everyone yawning and listening to the words of the Prince of Wales. He is telling everyone how he becomes Prince of Whales and the long journey that comes with this position. After about an hour of this a couple of students starts a fight, the principle and teachers break up the fight and ends the assembly. Everyone is told to go to their lockers and go home.

Rachel walks home alone going pass the stores. She doesn't has any money with her so she just keeps walking down the street. A few neighbor that she knows nods they head to her. Usually they don't be sitting outside when she gets home from school but since she gets out early there they is gossip about everyone that walk down the street.

She opens the door with her key and she goes straight to her room. Her mother is working and who knows where is her father is at. She hasn't seen her father in two years and now she doesn't even think about him anymore. She turns on the radio and dances in a circle in her room.

Gerald puts his glasses insides its case as he climbs the stairs to their apartment. Although his parents works they insists on living in this small apartment. They like the neighborhood and the three flight of steps isn't a problem to them. He goes to the refrigerator and then he is going over Rachel's house.

Sonia goes to her cooking school which is about five blocks from her high school. She has learns a lot in his class. She hopes to gets a job in the four star restaurant in town. She doesn't want to be late so she always gets there early. She holds on to her cooking tools while she waits for class to begin.

Thomas is hanging out at the basketball courts until 8p.m. All the guys that is there is driving cars. Thomas hasn't got a car but he didn't want the guys to know. He found some old use car's keys and carry them around with him. He always leave his keys laying on his shirt when he starts to play.

Rachel starts to order a tray of small hoagies to have when the gang gets here. She been waiting to tells them all about how she just wants to be treated like a human being not like little children in a world that doesn't want exist.

Gerald's father comes in from work and wants to spend the evening with him and his mother, once she comes in from work. Gerald wonder if this going to take after 8 o'clock because he doesn't want to miss the meeting with the rest of the gang. An hour later his mother comes home. They sit down to a dinner of pizza and orders a movie from Netflix. Why in the world does he wants to have family night tonight. This is so wrong to Gerald. He tries to reason with his father that he wants to go with his friends but he tells him they can wait. So he stays and watches the movie they all decide to pick.

After her cooking class Sonia takes her cooking tools home and heads out to Rachel's house. She has to take the bus to get there and while waiting for the bus a couple of guys start walking up to the bus stop. She is the only one who is standing there, she looks at the guys and she gets scare. They comes over to her and starts picking on her. One starts to pick with her hair and another starts rubbing up on her. She grabs her bag and starts running.

She ran so fast that she out ran the guys and she keep running even though they weren't after her no more. A taxi comes, she hails it, she gets in it and she tells him Rachel's address. Sonia see Thomas walking from the basketball court and tells the taxi driver to stop the taxi. She yells to Thomas and Thomas comes over to the taxi and she tells him that she is on her way to Rachel's house. He gets in the taxi and she tells the driver to go to the address that she gives him when she first got in the taxi.

Rachel looks at the clock it's said 7:30p.m. They should be here soon. The tray is set out on the table and the cans of soda is sitting in the cooler full of ice. She looks out the door to see if anyone was coming down the street or driving. There is no one.

Gerald notice that the movie was quite off yet. He was thinking that maybe if the movie finish a little after 8:00p.m. He could made it to Rachel's house. He checks the Netflix bar for how long it takes it still have about an hour on it. He will be late for the get together.

Sonia and Thomas almost get in an accident with this other car. The man is a drunk driver. The police show up and explain to the taxi driver the he will get some money back for his time once he gets to the police station and give his statement. They tells Thomas and Sonia that they have to come to the police station to fills out some forms before they go home.

Rachel notices that it is 5 after 8 and she wonder what happen to everyone. They usually get here on time or maybe I just daydreaming. They're coming and I will starts the meeting about how I'm worry so much about how everyone leave me alone.

Gerald watches the movie with his parents and ask them could he go over his friend's house. You know that it is 9:45p.m. You have to be in at 10”30p.m. Why do you wants to go out? It my life and I almost eighteen. Why can't I just go. Alright go ahead but you know the rule be back at 10:30p.m., or no later than 10:45p.m. Gerald walks out the door.

Sonia and Thomas is sitting in the police station looking at the time. They know that they should call Rachel or their parents but they don't know what to do. Sonia decides to calls Rachel and she tells her where they are at, in the police station. Rachel tells her not to angst about coming over, only that they are alright. Sonia tells her if it not to late she and Thomas will be there.

Rachel put up the tray of hoagie and the cans soda. She knows that she wouldn't need those for the night. Gerald rings the bell and Rachel answer. She tells him about Sonia and Thomas. Well if they make it here we'll be here. He tells Rachel, how he just is fed up with his father ideas of trying to makes a family night anytime he wants. He picks days when he is always doing something. That something to talk about because it definitely on his mind.

Sonia and Thomas fills out all the forms and notices that it is 9:50p.m. They decides to go to Rachel's house from one of the policeman. They knock on the door and Rachel answer it. They gather in the living room and Rachel gets the tray out of the refrigerator and hands each one a soda. So everyone starts talking at once and then they laugh at each other.

Gerald tells them how he wants his father to get off his back. Sonia tells them what happen to her at the bus stop and that's she can't even get her mother to buy her a car to get around. She doesn't even know if she will get to live to see her graduation. Thomas tells them that he wants to get a basketball scholarship in order to play for the pros. They agrees on helping each other out. They puts their hands together and promises each others.

It's about two months before graduation and everyone is buzzing around school. Thomas tells them that he has finishes filling out the scholarship paper for his acceptance to college. Sonia ask him if her recommendation is any help toward his acceptance. He tells her yes and he is glad that she wrote it for him.

Gerald tells them that his parents is going all out for his graduation. They is going to take him to an expensive restaurant and spend a lot of money taking pictures of him. He is so happy that he is graduating the he will be able to move out of his parents' house. Rachel is glad that she graduating but she will be stuck with her mother because she doesn't have that much money and probably have to work like her mother.

Sonia has to tell them that her family is moving away in a couple of days. Her father gets this new job and they have to relocate within a week and she won't be in the graduation. She is having her diploma mail to her and just come to say good bye to them. Rachel, Thomas and Gerald all hug Sonia and wishes her the best in her new home.

Thomas was playing a game of basketball with the guys when two cars drove up and pulls out guns and start shooting. The guys starts running and Thomas gets hit by one of the bullets. I hits him right in the heart and he dies instantly. Gerald finds out that he wasn't graduating because he needs one more credit and he has to go to summer school. Rachel graduates number ten in her class.



































© Copyright 2011 Tweety Byrd (darnell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760117-What-On-My-Mind