*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760264-Where-the-Wild-Things-Are
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1760264
A "different point of view" story assigned by my awesome 7th grade language arts teacher!
Where the Wild Things Are

Max leapt from the dining hall to the sitting room in mere seconds while bounding after his relatively large pet with a silver eating utensil. In frenzy, he took a large hop and landed on his dog’s back, knocking over a porcelain lamp, china teacup, and picture frame on the way. Unfortunately, his mother had heard the clatter and sped into the hallway, down the stairway, and into the den to figure out what was happening. She was already suspicious of Max. After some squabbling, she sent her terrible son to his sleeping quarters without evening supper.
Once Max got to his room, he began to think, and whenever this beastly child begins to think, weird occurrences initiate! Immediately after Max entered his quarters, his room transformed into a jungle with all kinds of unusual plants and animals occupying it! Max turned around in astonishment and saw a vast, sparkling ocean with a small sailboat on it’s sandy shores. The sailboat had Max’s name inscripted on the side, so Max assumed that it was for him. He did a flip over the side of the glorious vessel and set sail far across the ocean.
He sailed for many days when he finally arrived at the home of the wild things. The wild things skittered, crawled, hopped, and leapt out of their jungle huts and toward Max. They had never seen a creature as puny as him, except for the things that they hunted and ate. For some very odd reason, they crowned him their new king and celebrated with a rumpus for 11 days straight! Eventually, Max tired and sent the wild things to bed. He then got terribly lonely, so he left the screeching, gnashing wild things behind. He sailed for many days and many nights and finally found his way home! When he got to his room, the evening feast was sitting on his dresser, still burning hot. He gobbled it up and fell asleep, right away!
© Copyright 2011 audreyb (audreyb4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760264-Where-the-Wild-Things-Are