*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760292-distance
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1760292
distant love. I add a new section of the story to this every day.

I buried my head in your chest.
The smell of cigarette smoke and cologne on your shirt always gave me some sort of comfort.
Just to smell that familiar scent again after hours of driving south to see you made everything worthwhile.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, and found myself in a state of pure contentment.
I couldn’t ask for anything more right now.
I couldn’t ask for more than you.
The miles would add up, and the holes in my pockets would grow bigger,
but just to feel your arms around me again and again,
gave me more satisfaction than anything ever had.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel like I find myself constantly counting down to the milliseconds of when I’ll see you again.
Every day that passes is a day closer, but the day I’m waiting for still feels so distant.
I try to keep my mind off of it, keeping myself busy with odd and end things..
But you’re always far from the back of my mind.
I will keep waiting patiently, but my anxiety might eat me alive.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The thoughts of having anyone else besides you have completely vanished from my mind.
Comparisons are easily done once you’ve had a taste of perfection, and I’d be crazy to ever let you go.
No one is as lucky as us..
Better yet, no one is as lucky as I am.
No one else has you, and if it’s up to me..
No one else ever will.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can’t resist smiling at everything you say.
Even in simple conversation with no intentions of being cute, just talking to you makes even my worst days as bright as ever.
I don’t think there’s anything I’ve found in you so far that I didn’t love..
Aside from the fact that finally being able to see you still feels so far away.
What a slow going month this will be.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have barely gone a moment without thinking of you lately.
I won't lie, it's scaring me.
I've only known you for such a short time, but you bring all of these emotions out of me.
I feel like I miss you, and I haven't even met you yet.
I feel like you've impacted my life, but I don't even know if you're "in" my life just yet.
I don't know if you ever will be, for that matter.
You could walk away from me at any time.
You could just change your mind, and walk away.
You may not even feel what I do.
I'm unknowingly putting all of my trust in you already.
I don't know what to expect, I can't predict anything.
I just know that my heart is telling me you're going to stick around.
And for once..
My mind isn't telling me otherwise.
I hope all of the beautiful things that I'm envisioning in my head won't remain there..
They are meant to be done with you.
The days are counting down.
© Copyright 2011 rachel-k (bbyrachelk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760292-distance