*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760941-The-Secret-Keeper-How-It-Began
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1760941
Sort of like the start of a story, just an idea really at this stage.
Long go a race of aliens created humanity. There was no God, nothing religious at all, humans were merely placed here to see how they would survive. They were an experiment. It was agreed between these aliens that the ‘experiment’ would see how they developed over a period of thirty six thousand years, at the end of which the aliens would introduce them to their empire and answer all their questions. Over thirty five thousand years the aliens kept a watch on the humans and studied their every move. They would report to the one of them which was to stay behind and be a constant surveyor. That surveyor was known as The Secret Keeper. The Secret Keeper was forbidden from speaking a single word for those thirty six thousand years of study. He was to watch, that was his sole purpose, and that was his sole desire, to serve the great masters of his race. Patiently he watched the humans struggle with basic tools for fifteen thousand years, until finally, civilisation was born. He watched empires of unimaginable power rise and fall, like the tides on the ocean. He listened closely to the humans thoughts and fears and theories. He watched helplessly as religion was born, and watched as it tore the humans apart, he watched the humans colonise their world. But, in truth, this was not their world at all. They were not native to this planet, in fact they were not native to any planet at all. They were a perfect mix of the apes that walked the planet, who would never have evolved to any level of intelligence and the aliens themselves. Due to this The Secret Keeper felt like the humans were almost a friend, almost. The Secret Keeper only had a clear memory of one day, a day which the modern humans would label ‘March 13 AD 666’ the day the aliens vanished.

They came exactly the way they usually did. No cover, no hiding, no attempts to conceal themselves from humanity. The Secret Keeper watched the familiar metal ships fly around his home in the sky. This time it felt different though, the aliens were tense, they were nervous, they were scared. They dumped invisible packages into the planet’s atmosphere, The Secret Keeper knew immediately that they were knowledge, but why would the aliens be leaving knowledge? The humans were meant to advance on their own, unaided. The Secret Keeper received one last message before they left “You are our future”. They never returned to finish their experiment.

The date was December 18th AD 2047. It was the day The Secret Keeper has been waiting for. Thirty six thousand years were done, but no aliens returned.
© Copyright 2011 this is endless (travissaidso at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760941-The-Secret-Keeper-How-It-Began