*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761362-Brother
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Occult · #1761362
Pale bodies are found in an alley near a coffee shop.
Like the endless days that followed since my inception, The night air was cold and the moon cast our bodies in a white glow.
"Poor basterd." A middle aged man pushed the bill of his hat up as he crouched over the cold body laying on the concrete. "It looks like another random act of violence and he's got the marks like the others." He pulled a pen from his jacket pocket and folded over the breast of the mans coat revealing an inside pocket. "Do you think it has anything to do with those movies?" A man in his early twenties stood several feet away, his hands clutching the belt around his waist. "you know those damn kids today. hey, lieu. you ok?"
The lieutenant was wiping the perspiration from his forehead with a handkerchief he had pulled from his back pocket. "yeah. Don't you have some work to do rookie." The events of the last several months had left the lieutenant with a lot of questions and an unsettling feeling in his gut.

The shivering bystanders began clearing out as the police officers taped off the area. it was nothing new to them, a few bodies laying under tents in an inner city alley. the rain had finally let up enough to drag the chief from the coffee shop across the street. "So, what are we looking at here?" the chief asked from behind a plume of steam, his coffee freshly brewed by the coffee shop's waitress in anticipation of a long night. "well, two more Caspers. no marks other than the ones on the neck and the thai." The lieutenant pointed to the tent covering the male victim first and then the female. "And let me guess." The chief motioned with his cup in a matter of fact sort of way. "bloods been drained from the bodies?" the lieutenant's cheeks flushed and his stomach curled. the familiarity of the cases and ease of which the chief spoke about them was unsettling. "Not this time." the lieutenant motioned over to the tents as he began a fast paced walk to the crime scene. "The male hasn't been drained of his blood, but his body is as cold and white as the females." The chief gave a discerning look to the lieutenant as he pulled the flaps on the tent back.
The fashion in which the mans body lay on the ground was intriguing. It was as if someone had placed him there rather than falling from a standing position. his right arm was extended and reaching toward the chief. his eyes were closed and his mouth curled up at the corners. "This is the way he was found by the civilian?" the chief looked back at the lieutenant. "As far as we know, nothing has been tampered with." The chief looked at the lieutenant again intensely. "I don't like it, lieu. I don't like it one bit."
© Copyright 2011 Backslashsigh (backslashsigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761362-Brother