*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762040-A-victory-of-Darkness
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Dark · #1762040
A feeling of helplessness
A victory of Darkness

The empty darkness throbbed to a thudding heartbeat, sensed, not heard or felt.
The dark consummate.
Its presence like a living thing, prowling, around me, mining emotions.
Hungry to consume.
The cold malice of darkness stalking, circling, inhaling fear.
Fear that leaked from my pores and ran in terrified rivulets across my trembling flesh.
Naked I shivered, in the Stygian deep as the rhythm of the pounding beat compressed me.
My heart pulsed, in sync with the black waves of fear.
Constrained, immobile, unable to blink, feeling, not hearing, the susurration of its desire to feed on my spirit.
To draw it from me as I, unmoving, waited for its lamprey breath to drain my life slowly, as it fed.
A cut, sudden, painful.
Unable to move, I felt blood mingled with fear slide down my chest.
I waited, and imagined the next place I would feel the sharp edge of night open my skin.
The Dark screamed, silently in my ears, pushing terror into my veins, driving me to struggle, unmoving, against  the bonds that held me still.
My nightly prison, no escape.

© Copyright 2011 Lord Norry Wolfsbane (norcp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762040-A-victory-of-Darkness