*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762104-Fell-Deeds---Prologue
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1762104
The prologue of a fiction novel I'm starting, Fell Deeds. (working title)
         It was the lights that drew my attention.

         My mother and I had been grocery shopping, and were returning home, passing by the college I had once attended. The same college where a friend of mine had gone missing, some thirty years past; A friend who had changed my life in many ways, and who was not truly missing. Not to me, anyways.

         We stopped, we had to. My mother wouldn’t let me do otherwise, knowing how close we had been, despite the chaos and darkness that had surrounded his disappearance. There was no argument I could make without raising suspicion, and so she assumed that my reluctance was born of pain, long buried, and not a certain wariness of the truth. After all, how could she? She didn’t know the truth. No one did. There’s a good deal of information concerning my friend Myles’ so-called disappearance that only I hold, and God-willing, it’s going to stay that way.

         Some, who know a portion of the truth, may wonder that I dare ask for God’s blessing. To those that ask, I always give the same answer: who created us, if not God? And does the Almighty not love all his children? Whether or not that’s true, I believe it, as Myles did before me.

         Here are the facts, such as the police know them.

         Thirty-eight years ago, Myles was one of my closest friends. On Hallowe’en, as hundreds of drunk college students watched, he fought and killed my ex-boyfriend. Then he disappeared into the night without a trace.

         What the police don’t know is that none of us were human. Myles, Trevor and I were all vampires by then. Trevor deserved what he got, I’ll be the first to admit, even though I loved him once. Sometimes, I think part of me still does. And I have always known, in my heart, exactly where Myles was.

         Almost like he were waiting for me.

© Copyright 2011 SisterRook (rook at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762104-Fell-Deeds---Prologue