*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763154-Ravissant-Trompeur
by Bex
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1763154
Good and Evil are the only things keeping them at their distance, can love conquer all?
Sam rushed into the encampment with his sword  in his hand, slicing down enemies as he went. He held a torch in his other hand ready to burn down anything that seemed essential to these tree dwellers. Rushing into what looked like an armory he was shocked to find Mary, poised and aimed at him with an elegant longbow. He dropped his torch and it quickly extinguished in the dust. His mouth went dry “Mary?” She still didn’t lower her weapon. “Who are you? Why do you know my name?” She asked in a harsh tone. He fell to his knees, forgetting he was in the middle of a battle. “You don’t remember me?”  He buried his face into his hands as memories came like a flood. The quick brush of his lips against hers, the softness of her hair against his face, the creamy smoothness of her skin, memories, from a lifetime ago. This all took but a moment, when he looked back at her, she was pale, her lips slightly parted , eyes staring straight ahead as one who cannot see. A sob shook her, she placed a hand over her mouth and clutched her stomach. Tears silently ran down her face. Sam stood,  leaving behind his sword he took a couple steps towards her. “Stop!!” She screamed as she fell to the ground, overcome by anguish and sorrow. The word stabbed him worse than any arrow. He flinched but kept coming. “Leave me alone!” She yelled as she hugged her knees to her chest moaning to herself. He placed a hand on her back and she immediately quieted and stood over him, glaring. “Two previous lovers meet each other on a battle field on opposite sides. Are you going to kill me again?” She hissed bitterly, ignoring the trickling of her tears. “Previous? I said I would always love you.” Sam replied remembering the last time they saw each other. “And if there is anyone who died from what happened before, it was me! You were the one who left me!”  Sam stood, tears forming in his eyes. He had indeed died, but seeing Mary again had brought part of him back to life. Instantly one of Sam’s men rushed into the tent with a sword in hand, he saw that his leader was weaponless and he rushed at Mary, ready to strike her down. “No!” Sam yelled. His soldier stopped momentarily, confused his general ordered him not to strike down an enemy. Mary took up that chance to grab the soldier’s shoulder spin his back to her and slit his throat with a dagger from her belt. Sam just stood in shock. “He wasn’t going to kill you!” “Of coarse he was, you distracted him so I could finish him off, if I didn’t he would have reported you, that you ordered him not to kill an enemy. Now get out of her before I decide to kill you.” She pushed the dead soldier to the ground. 
© Copyright 2011 Bex (justhaftabeme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763154-Ravissant-Trompeur