*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764588-Mirror-mirror
by caryjr
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1764588
What would the mirror on the wall say to Walt Disney?
“I’m the king of the world!” (The Lion King) is perhaps what Walt Disney would proclaim if he were alive today. Looking into the mirror, saying with a sly grin, “Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who’s the greatest animator of them all?” (Snow White) What do you suppose this mirror would respond?

Something like this perhaps?

“Nothing’s impossible” (Alice in Wonderland), and “all it takes is faith and trust.” (Peter Pan). This is all “elementary, my dear” Disney (The Great Mouse Detective).  “Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.” (The Land Before Time)

If you feel overwhelmed, and stress or doubt creeps into your thoughts, try to whistle a tune. “You know how to whistle, don’t you? You just put your lips together and blow.” (Snow White) Or, even better, blast off into space. After all “in space, no one can hear you scream.” (The Black Hole) Although you may seem crazy at times, or feel like you are going crazy, know that it is perfectly normal to “go a little mad sometimes.” (Alice in Wonderland) The thoughts you gain from going mad often contains “the stuff that dreams are made of.” (Monsters, Inc)

It is best to expect that things will always change from day to day, so you must be able to change as well. Remember that “mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” (Bambi) If you roll with the punches, and can get ahead of the curve, you will soon proclaim, “Made it, Ma! Top of the world!” (Island at the Top of the World)

Do not be scared to ask for help, and especially remember to “always depend on the kindness of strangers.” (101 Dalmations) This kindness can lead to the “beginning of a beautiful friendship” (The Fox and the Hound)

If you make a mistake, do not fear. “The past can hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it” (The Lion King) If you learn from your mistakes, you will succeed in the end.

As your success grows, remember that eventually “you’re gonna need a bigger boat” (Steamboat Willie) Always be happy with what you are doing, and soon you will be screaming “up, up, and away!” (Peter Pan) Above all, and perhaps most important, always remember that “there’s no place from home.” (Home on the Range)
© Copyright 2011 caryjr (caryjr73 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764588-Mirror-mirror