*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764674-Because-of-her-ACT-II
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Drama · #1764674
Act two of twelve.

Narrator- She stood there in the middle of the house, her eyes closed. The sweet sent of lavender and fresh cut grass blew in from the open doors. The warm sunlight hit her skin in a way that felt so comforting in a time of only fear. A single salty tear fell from her eyes and ran gently down her face hitting the shoulder of her black dress. She placed her hand on her bosom as her heart began to beat faster.

Elizabeth-(whispers). Control yourself.

Narrator-The breeze died down and the sound of the children playing in the yard was all she heard. She knew that this wasn’t where he wanted to be. No… she couldn’t hold his heart anymore…. so she finally let go…

Elizabeth-(walking out onto the steps of the front porch) Come on kids we gotta go.

Annie-(pouting and walking a little hunched over) aw but mom. We never get to play outside on sundays.

Elizabeth-(smiling slightly) Plenty of time to play after church my dear.

(Chris runs up onto the steps hugging his mother at the waist)

Chris- (looking up at her) Can we go to the river after church please mommy?

Elizabeth- (bending down to adjust his tie) We will see how well you three behave at church today won’t we?

(They walk to the car, David walks slowly behind with an angry look upon his face)
© Copyright 2011 Brittany H. Crawford (hazeleyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764674-Because-of-her-ACT-II