*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764843-Prologue-to-Dark-angel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Fantasy · #1764843
Whyis Jennifer hanging around withthese weird people?i dont know and its prabably not good


Prologue





Scared I looked behind me, to see if I was being followed. I saw two middle aged women standing by an closed shop, looking at some women shoes behind the shop window, and some tourist at the end of the nearly empty street.

Hurriedly I turned around, and walked with fast big paces to where ever my feet brought me.

It was past midnight, a full moon looming above, and I couldn't go home. Not after what I saw. And me dropping in unexpectantly at those strange women, and those even stranger men. They would definitely find me at home.

When I was peeping through a small hole in a giant sink fence from the junkyard, I had a strange feeling as if they could somehow sense me, or smell me. Yes that was it, they could smell me.

I could see some of the men, with glistening scaled cheeks, and smoky white eyes, sniffing the air. It was like they were picking up the scent of an intruder. Me!

But the men did not stir nor move an inch. They just stood there, ten of them in total, in a wide half circle facing the women. While the women stood in a smaller circle, surrounding something, or rather someone I couldn't see.

I moved away from the hole determined to find a better view. And that would mean going into the junkyard. What on earth was I thinking? Usually I don't go peeping through holes in fences like a peeping tom. Especially not the fence of a junkyard! What's to see in there but junk. Stuff that people didn't need or want anymore.

But the singing. Those sweet voices, which was abruptly interrupted by a screeching like snarl, followed by a scream, and then sudden silence. Curiosity took over, and I peeped. They weren't kidding when they say curiosity killed the cat. In this case I was the cat.

I tiptoed as fast and quiet as I could, not wanting to miss whatever was going to happen, to the other end of the fence which I knew had some lose sinks. I was in luck because when I came to where the lose sinks were, one was already moved to the side. All I had to do was bend real low, and make sure my clothes didn't get caught on the edges of the sink. That would make a noise, and I wouldn't want that!

Luck was still at my side. I slipped in without making a noise. The place reeked. It smelled like a mixture of rotten tomatoes, really old rusty iron and burnt tires. I took out my hanky and held it to my nose, inhaling the fresh lime scent. I was thankful that my mother had done my laundry while I was at camp. Every weekend I would send some dirty laundry and mom would wash em up, and send fresh one.

I walked pass large piles of junk. Old washing machines, old refrigerators, microwaves, toasters, televisions, even toys. All this stuff, thrown away and declared useless.

Further ahead I could hear voices. I noticed the voices were from the women, and they were chanting in a language I did not know. The language sounded almost ancient.

I ducked behind a stove, at the end of the junk pile, and slowly lifted my head to take a peek. What I saw both stunned me and shocked me all together.

The women were the ones that made my mind all mixed up. I didn't know if I was looking at them in awe, or in fear. They were the most beautiful women I had ever seen. Their fair pale skin glowed in the moonlight. It made me want to touch them, and not want to touch them at the same time. It was like, if I touched their skin I would put a dent in that smooth skin, or maybe even leave a mark behind, which I didn't want to do. It seemed so sensitive. Their blond hair fell in a silky way to their shoulders, which also gave a faint glow.

Just outside the circle of women, laid a body covered with a white blanket, a pair of adidas sneakers sticking out from beneath it. Where the head of the body was, were two circular blood stains, positioned right where the eyes should be.

I was so hypnotized by the beauty of the women that I soon forgot about the body, and the first reason why I had actually slipped in. I wanted to know what or who was in the middle of that circle. But it seemed by seeing these women I totally forgot about the world around me. I forgot about the weird men with scaled cheeks and smoky eyes. I had even dropped my hanky, forgetting about the reeking junk. In my mind I could see myself in the middle of those women, while they touched me all over, singing their hypnotic melody. I could feel my mind and thoughts drowning away.

My knees buckled and I felt myself free falling to the ground. But to me it didn't happen in quick movement, like when a normal person collapses. For me it felt like a timeless free fall, which took all the time in the world. I was too hypnotized by the mere sight of those women, that real time felt like a slow-motion movie being slown down even more by another unseen and unfelt force.

Time was going so slow that I didn't notice two pointy shiny black leather made shoes, which fitted two pair of legs, which were covered with bright blue designers jeans, land on the stove behind which I was crouching. At first my mind didn't hear the load crack of the landing from the man, who was now looming over me. Because I was still in a trance, my ears felt like they were under water for a moment, but I couldn't feel the wetness. I only heard a faint blur, as I was underwater.

Then, the water popped. For a quick moment I felt some pressure on my eardrums, as if I was more than a mile below sea level, and, pop! The pressure was gone, and left an unbearable pain in my ears, which after a few seconds slowly started to fade away. The trance I was in broke.

I flinched, and fell back a few steps, and landed on my back. I felt a striking pain piercing through the back of my head.

I looked up and saw the silhouetteof a man looming over me come slowly into focus. His smoky white eyes were directed right at me. His scaly cheeks shining in the moon. His face was expressionless, his lips pursed, and he looked down at his feet.

I followed his gaze, and saw that his right feet had made a hole in the stove he landed on. The cuff of his pants was torn from the rusted iron. He swiftly lifted his leg bending some iron, and breaking parts that were rusted, out of the hole. He was inspecting his foot.

I could see blood stains starting to form below the hole of the torn jeans. Some flesh was hanging out of the hole, leaking thick red blood. There were some exposed white muscles, with tin red blood drops slowly leaking down.

I looked up at the man who had landed on the stove and saw that he had stopped looking at his foot. He was now looking at me ignoring the wound like it didn't matter. It was as if he couldn't feel the pain at all. He still had no expression in his face.

Then I remembered the women. I leaned a little to the right, and saw that the women had stopped with what they were doing. The men were still standing in a half circle around the women, but they were not looking at the women anymore. Their heads were turned in my direction. And so were the women's. But they did not notice me yet. They were looking at the man who had landed on the stove before me. I was still behind the stove, peeping from the side.

Then they followed the man's gaze, and finally saw me. I flinched, and quickly leaned back behind the stove.

But before I moved out if their sight behind the stove, I had one quick glance at who was in the middle of the circle.

In that one quick moment, I knew who I had seen. My mind just couldn't process the truth of it. It couldn't be, I didn't want to accept it.

It was hard to miss in that one moment. Her bright red curls, with green strands of hair in between, and a little of blond at the edges, that went with her smooth tanned skin and slim athletic build.

Just to be sure, I squeezed my eyes shut, and leaned back in the view of the women. I opened my eyes, staring her dead on in her dark brown eyes. I didn't notice the women who had moved closer for a better view of the intruder. She was still standing were I saw her in that moment, not moving an inch.

She was sneering dangerously at me. I couldn't believe my eyes. This was the last thing that I had expected. My heart sank. I felt a stabbing pain in my chest. I couldn't feel my limbs, which also felt weak. It felt like gravity wanted to pull me through the earth. My entire body felt heavy. I could feel the blood draining from my face.

Why? What did I ever do to deserve this? That's what I wanted to shout at her. But she just kept sneering, flashing her shining bright white teeth. She was proud of what she was doing.

There she stood. The girl who I gave my heart to, the girl whom I loved and cared about, for the past 3 years, and still love by the way. Even if she was staring at me dangerously, like she wanted to eat me alive. I would still love her no matter what she did. She wouldalways be my Jennifer!


© Copyright 2011 R. Anthony (beany87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764843-Prologue-to-Dark-angel