*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764873-Dark-Halloween
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1764873
Daily flash fiction entry 4/3, containing the words: hill, twins, dark
Sitting between the identical pine trees in the forest, Arthur sat shaken, knowing he'd be caught soon enough. They called this spot The Twins, because of the two majestic pines that stood together towering above the rest of the woods. It was cold and it was dark and Arthur had ruined yet another Halloween with his evil ways. Arthur sat on a large, cold rock, his trembling hand clenched into fists. The sweat from his hair rolled down his face in icy beads.

Across the woods, the search party followed their flashlights, knowing full well that they were heading to The Twins. Arthur had run here before, and as his only solace, they were sure he'd run here again. The group made their way through the thicket and found themselves in a moon drenched clearing, staring at the terrible Arthur Hill.

They shouted to him and asked him why he'd again handed out chocolates with razors and pins. They called him a monster, they called him a psycho and they slowly crept up toward the rock Arthur sat on, rocking and crying. Even though he was explicitly forbade to interact with their children, Arthur found a way...he always found a way.

Arthur told them he was sick, he told them he wasn't right. He swatted at them with his bare hands and looked for any escape he could find. His eyes darted left and right, but deep down Arthur knew he'd ruined his last Halloween.

The mob didn't care, this was the last time they'd let Arthur attempt to harm their children. As they circled nearer to him, Arthur tried to run. He made an attempt to climb one of the great Twins, but the mob was too fast. Arthur Hill would harm their children no more.

Word count: 297


© Copyright 2011 TheMadWarlock (bellz666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764873-Dark-Halloween