*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765176-Zackaria-Jones
Rated: 18+ · Preface · Horror/Scary · #1765176
This is a horror novel based in a town based on a boy based on scaring you!!!
Zackaria was a good boy a fine little lad indeed but thats not to say that the boy had no troubles, he had troubles alright and let me tell you they were not the troubles of any normal four year old boy. If I may say so sir, if but anything is true the darkness was no friend of Zackaria Jones that boy was scared to his wits of it and there had been no hiding that. I was that boys nanny once you no many years ago, well i do suppose that is why i am here.

You see Sheriff I had just moved to Parish and had been desperate to find some sort of work. I had posted my application in hopes of a nanny position at Als old market down on Baits st. It had been only hours before i had gotten a telegram from a Ms.Fran Huddle.

I have that letter on me if you would like me to read it. The Sheriff gave a slight nod; Yes Mrs. Kershaw anything you have may help.





Dear Miss Dawson



I do suppose you are in need of work in this fine town of Parish.

This is in fact a reply to your application that you have posted at Al's Market on Baits St.

My name is Francine Huddle, I am the main house keeper for the very wealthy Jones family. We reside in the grand manor at the south end of Sugar Hill.

The position you have applied for is greatly needed at this time and we would like to meet your aquaintance. Implying that you are still in need of such work.

A carriage will be sent to escort you. 7am Tuesday in the parlor. Mr Grieves will greet you at the main gate.



                                                                        Yours Truly   

                                                                        Miss.F.Huddle



Tuesday October 6 1941 was a very overwhelming day for me, i can still remember the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. You know coming from a very poor family and all. I had no idea how to act around people like the Jones's. My brain had been going a mile a minute the whole ride over to the manor, i was overwhelmed but very exited too for it would be my first job and employed by a wealthy family.

The street was beautiful, lined with trees that seemed to flaunt there leaves of extraordinary color as they danced gracefully in the mid October breeze. The smell of the fresh autumn air embraced and seemed to calm me. Still i was terrified really, the unknown was such a strange thing to me but i do suppose it would be expected of someone that age. I had just turned sixteen when i had left my family back in London. It had become time for me to spread my wings as my father would say. Time to build some what of a future for myself. And so with out a choice i was alone expected to survive and so i would.



When i had arrived at the gate my heart seemed to stop, I had never in my life seen such a structure it was like I was in some sort of fairytale, well in all reality that is exactly what it was. You see when that gate opened that day my life changed in ways i could have never imagined and i do suppose i myself changed a great deal in the time i spent as Zackarias nanny.

You no Sheriff, i was not with the Jones family for very long but in the time i resided there i must say more then a few strange things did accure. If you have the time i'd be happy to share them with you but do understand that i may sound like some sort of crazy coot once i am done. It is why i have kept this part of my life locked up inside me untill now that is. Not even my family have heard of my time thereand when all is done i would like to keep it that way. There is no need for them to find out that there mother has secrets, you do understand don't you Sheriff.



Sheriff Andrews smiled at Kate with a kindness that seemed to ease her troubles. She had become quit nerves and though she had learned to hide such feelings long ago her insides had become twisted with only the slightest thought of her time at the manor and now it was finally time, a time she knew in her heart would come some day. The day inwhich she would have to relive those haunting nine months those days that now onlyseemed like a horrible dream. Kate smiled back at Sheriff Andrews, I have time she said but i am not sure you have, you see i have much to tell and things may come to confuse you some and well that may take longer you see, and no this as well; I am only willing to do this once, reliving all this that is. That means no back and forth, i can not bring myself to that so please do let me know, no later then tomarrow at noon if you will have the time. Id like it done as soon as possible if you dont mind. Kate focused her emerald green eyesupon Sheriff Andrews silly looking socks and found herself making a quick judgement of his personality before looking back up to collect some sort of reply. Again he smiled that kind smile, Kate smiled back feeling a little bit flush for Kate found the Sheriff very handsome. Their eyes locked and Kate froze. Kate was a shy quiet woman, she had lived to much life not to be and she knew better then to lead such a man on and so gracefully she rose from her chair, drapped her coat over her arm and once again asked the Sheriff to contact her. I will be waiting to hear from you but i must go, do have a nice day. Sheriff Andrews stood to shake Kates hand but she had already turned toward the door. I will call you Mrs. Kershaw as soon as possible, thank you now, goodbye. Sheriff Andrews sat back down and placed his head in his hands, how he thought could anyone even comprehend what happened to that young man, how in gods name was he to explain it to Kate or any of the other nannies or house keepers that the Jones family had employed over the years, those in which were also awaiting interviews.

He did'nt want to emit that it had scared him, what had happened to that Zackaria Jones something so grusom something so close to home the worst case Andrews had seen in the sixteen years he had been an officer of the law.

The sheriff looked up bonce again and searched the station. Who he whispered to himself shall i take to hell with me. It bothered him that any of his men would have to expierence what he had just hours ago but it ha d to be done it had to be solve as the Sheriff of  Parish and Coliut County he had that obligation.



© Copyright 2011 dragonfly (dragonfly444 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765176-Zackaria-Jones