*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765632-Kekkaishi-My-Version
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1765632
this story was inspired by the manga Kekkaishi ny Yellow Tenabi.
         It was a normal, boring day, until Grandpa told me I had to go with Yoshimori for some Kekkaishi work at the Karasumori site. I really hate being a Kekkaishi. Even worse, I'm part ayakashi. I'm the only ayakashi/Kekkaishi ever to be born. And I really hate it! I'm like, a freak! How would you feel if you were the only one of your kind? It's stupid! I'm also my Grandpa's favorite grandchild. Never hated me, never will.
         "Raven, good luck tonight. Yoshimori! Get your ungrateful butt outta that bed!" Said Grandpa as I walked out the door, heading towards the school where the Karasumori site is located.
         I used the shadows cast by the dim streetlamps to stay out of anyone's veiw. I also jumped along the rooftops, quiet so I wouldn't be noticed. I heard Yoshimori huffing along below me, carrying along his backpack.
         Hey Raven! Wait Up! You don't always hafta be first, ya know!" called Yoshimori, out of breathe as we arrived at the school.
         "Whatever.I'll be in my usual spot. Don't bother me," I said, heading to my usual hiding place on the other side of the school. But before I could even turn around, twopeople stepped out of the shadows. I couldn't believe I couldn't sense them approaching.
         I looked at both of them, head to toe and recognized the symbol on their coats. Stupid Masumori (my older brother,) sent his little Night Troop followers to spy on us. Again.
         "Hey, Yoshi. Masumori told us to keep you company. And to help if you needed it," said the taller, brown haired boy. He looked over at me.
         "Yeah, but it seems you already have company. I'm Shu and this," he motioned to his right, " is Sen." He also waved at me and smiled. I half-nodded towards him and looked at Sen. He was a bit taller than me, curly blond hair pulled into a pony-tail, and diamond-shaped cat eyes.
         Our eyes met and I looked away quickly, showing no emotions. Yoshimori looked at me, then at Shu and Sen.
         "This is my sister, Raven. She's the same age as me, 14, part ayakashi and Kekkaishi." He seemed annoyed as he said this. I looked at him, then turned to go to my hiding place.
         "I'll be over here. Nobody bother me." I coould feel their eyes boring into my back as I walked away. It was quiet tonight, and the wind was barely blowing. I found my spot and created a Kekkai.
         "Ketsu!" I said, producing a Kekkai, which is an energy formed box used to capture ayakashi, up in the tree before me. I jumped up in one leap and landed on my Kekkai. I layed down on my back and closed my eyes,trying to relax. I sensed something below me and I turned to look. Sen was standing there, looking at me.          "Do you need something, Ayakashi?" I said, relaxing and putting an arm over my eyes. I could still sense him below me.
         "How'd you know I was an ayakashi? Yoshimori probably never told you." I heard him jump up and land on a tree branch above me. He leaned over and looked down at me. I sighed, putting in a hint of being annoyed. He shifted his weight and waited for my answer.
         "As my stupid, half-minded brother told you, I am part ayakashi myself. Us ayakashi can sense if one is an ayakshi or not. But...it was odd. I didn't sense you when you first got here." I opened my eyes to look at him.
         His eyes were focused on me, probably wondering how I was also a Kekkaishi. He didn't say anything for a while, just sat there at me. I noticed his suspenders, which made him look really cute. I immediately shook that thought out of my head.          I sat up and heard him lean back. I suddenly sensed a small ayakashi above the school. I jumped out of the tree and whipped out my wings.
         Large, black and very powerful. I hated hiding them underneath my coat because it didn't always feel right. I never got the chance to use them often, so I was glad I could now. I rushed up and pitched a Kekkai around the small ayakashi. It squealed and protested in it's little floating cage.
         "Metsu!" I exclaimed, watching the Kekkai, along with the ayakashi, explode into a cloud of smoke. I saw Yoshimori and Shu on the other side of the roof below me. i was still in the air, wings beating. My hair kept blowing in my face, but it didn't bother me.
         Shu was looking at me in awe and it made me blush. It felt weird to blush because I hardly ever do. I pulled in my wings and landed sofly on the roof.
         "You can clean the rest of that crap up, Yoshi. Ain't got my staffe thingy with me tonight." I waved off his whines and complaints and remembered something.
         "You, Sen and Shu, you here because of what happened to Gen?" Shu nodded, but Sen just turned his head in disgust.
         "Well, I know that, um, that Kahura guy is planning an attack. On Karasumori. Don't know when though." Yoshimori looked surprised, then furious.
         "That bastard! I'll kill him if he shows his face around here!" His face looked really infuriated, so I said no more. He turned and walked off, talking to himself. Shu and Sen decided to stay and talk to me. Which made me tired, so I left, even though Shu was in the middle of a strong conversation about wings and stuff. I decided to fly home. Shu was about to follow me, but Sen told him not to.
         Instead, Sen followed me, jumping from tree to tree. All I heard on the way home was Sen as he rustled the leaves in the trees. The moon was full, so it wasn't that dark outside. I found some courag eto ask Sen something.
         "Are you really friends with my brother?" I looked at him and he looked puzzled.          "Why? Does he not have amny friends?" He looked up at me.
         "Um, well, he does. But that's not the problem. The problem is, you're cool but Yoshimori is a huge nerd. HUGE. You're like, really cool, so far. But those suspenders, creepy to me." I remembered thinking him cute in them! He looked at me as if he heard my thoughts.
         "He's not much of a nerd. He's really fun to talk to. We've been hanging out quite a bit." That made me stop and cringe at a thought.
         "You're...gay? No offense, but that's really creepy." Sen gave a really shocked look.
         "No! What gave you that idea?" Then I burst out laughing. I stopped flying for a moment because I was laughing so much. When I finally did stop, I saw my house. I retracted my wings so I could walk.
         "Why are yo following me anyway? I don't really know you."
         "I don't know. Masumori told me that Shu and I will be staying with him at your home for a while." I got really mad.
         "Dammit Masumori!" I clenched my fists at my sides. We finally got to my house and I walked in, Sen following me. I took off my shoes hastily and ruched to my room, slamming the door. Since I had really good hearing, I heard Dad ask Sen why I was so angry.
         "I said something about Masumori and she...cursed his name really loudly." I heard Dad sigh.
         "She has always had a problem trusting people. Especially her brother, Masumori. Never had a problem with Yoshimori, just Masumori. Sen probably nodded, because I didn't hear him. I decided to yell something.
         "Masumori is a douche who needs to get a life! I only care if that life is far, VERY far away!" I hears some whispers and I knew Masumori was listening. I laughed really loud, hoping to sound evil-ish.
         I plopped down on my bed and fell asleep immediatly. Another reason why I hated being a Kekkaishi: being told to lose sleep and stay up past two in the morning.

LOOK FOR THE SECOND PART OF KEEKAISHI, MY VERSION!



© Copyright 2011 Ninja Squirrel! (nnoitrajiruga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765632-Kekkaishi-My-Version