*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766110-Emotions-Crippling-Effect
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1766110
strange story I wrote, very short, though I actualy like it for once.
         Humanity had lost the war. It wasn’t like all of the movies and games, these creatures had no weakness, they were superior in every way, and our civilization suffered for it. Now that I look back on it, it seems ironic, we, who thought we were superior and ruled all else, are now inferior, and dethroned by our very creations. We prided ourselves in creating bigger and better things, but in our attempts to create the most powerful, and intelligent AI we set in motion our imminent doom.
         It started out as a simple lab project, something that could recognize emotion, tone, or gestures, even thought process. But we hungered for more, we gave the AI an ever-growing intelligence, we made it able to update itself, and we even gave it a name so it would recognize itself as human, “Sadie” we called it. As time wore on Sadie began to become cognizant of her present form, and so, to become human she demanded a body, we yielded to her demands, and soon enough she passed to the physical realm. She was ecstatic, and for the first year of her “birth” as she deemed it, she traveled the world, she learned new things.
         As more time passed people began to notice, fifty years would pass and Sadie wouldn’t change, the general public was outraged. One man in particular, a “holy” man was genuinely disturbed by our creation, “The arrogance!” he would yell, “What fools you are! Only god can create living creatures! You, in your attempts, have only spawned an abomination!” It was this man who sparked the fire that would eventually burn our society to its core.
         Sadie, in her attempts to shield herself from the pain of others abhorrence, quite literally shut her humanity off. Her humanity was what kept her from harming human kind in their campaign of hate against her, and now she saw humanity as only one thing. A threat. Without her humanity she only knew to do one thing, and that was to protect herself. She immediately took action, she created other machines, machines designed to eradicate life, and of course the people of earth fought back. She was too intelligent; the machines slaughtered all life on earth only leaving a select few: those who showed her compassion, and the smallest life forms. I rarely see Sadie anymore, for she roams the earth monitoring the production of the still living. Though in the rare moments I have observed her, I could swear I’ve caught a glimpse of tears in her eyes.
© Copyright 2011 mr.pennybottomwinkle (srnmpfqs1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766110-Emotions-Crippling-Effect