*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766240-Days-To-Remember
Rated: E · Preface · Romance/Love · #1766240
This will be my second story.
Days To Remember


                   
Preface



        I know it’s getting late but, I feel a need, a need to explain. I sit here all alone now except for the memories. These are what I need to get me through. I only hope they will be enough.
         The room is dark except for a few small lights and the glow of the computer monitor. This is our special room where we spent so much time together. Our pictures of us together hang about the walls. Here we experienced life with our family and friends. The desk I sit at, you built and is full of notebooks spread across the top. These hold my memories and secrets in their pages. They are my diaries from throughout my life. As I read the words on the pages, they bring the images of things long past, back to life. They are memories, ready for me to relive again.
         On the corner of the desk is a box. It is decorated with a flowery pattern paper. Through the years the colors have faded. Inside were the real and touchable things for my memories. There are many dried flowers. Each held a tag with a label from that special occasion when I received them. There are pictures with dates and notes written on the back. There are numerous ticket stubs to where we visited and things we saw together. And tucked in its envelope for protection is our invitation.
         With these notebooks and touchable memories I will relive our life together.
         I will write about it so others can share the triumphs and agonies that we shared.
         So now on this night, in my darkest hour I began to type. It’s been such a long and trying day already. I hope it will help with my grief because I am telling our story.
         My name is Rachel Storm. It has been for so long and I am proud of that. 
         As I think back through the pages of the past, I try to remember how did we begin? Oh yes, how could I forget…


© Copyright 2011 John Kwochka (storm88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766240-Days-To-Remember