*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767990-Respecting-other-perspectives
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1767990
Why and how to see other viewpoints
During World War II, millions of Jews were tortured and executed due to their beliefs. If one man by the name of Adolf Hitler had respected the religious perspectives of these people, and saw things other than just his way, one of histories' largest genocides would have been avoided. This vey well may have been a warning as to what could possibly happen if we don't start to respect one anothers viewpoints. Believe it or not, doing so can impact our own lives as well as the lives of others, whether it's learning to appreciate each other's individual skills, understanding cultural traditions and customs, or just something as simple as seeing eye-to-eye with a coworker or classmate, there are some forms of respecting foreign views that we could work on.

By respecting each other's skills and abilities, we can learn something about what they do as well as build a good relationship with the person. You can find ways to combine your knowledge of whatever your trade is with what the said person knows about theirs, and do something productive. with this, teamwork is accomplished, better bonds with the other person are formed, and a task is accomplished. as you can see from this example, nothing bad has come from respecting another's perspectives on work, Which Brings me to my next poin.

There are different cultures around this diverse world. We have our own customs here in the United Staes, and we are naturally curious about the ones from different parts of the planet, though we can't understand the reasoning behind them, and vice versa. What may be considered the norm here may offend other nationalities. Take for example, the all-American handshake. It's firmness determines character here in The U.S, while a strong one might offend the typical Japanese male, since their customary greeting is a bow. And in Argentian, a simple "a-ok" gesture is the equivelent of the middle finger in America. My point is that by not respecting international customs nand views, we only generate hate amongst our fellow earthlings, which leads to wars and other catastrophes. Though honoring international angles is important, doing so on a local level matters just as much.

We can make a difference just by seeing life through the eyes of our acquaintinces. If someone is feeling down, and another person shows a bit of empathy towards that one person, not only do both parties feel better in some way or another, but that person may have been inspired to show the same acts of kindness shown towards him or her in their time of need. whether it's just helping someone with homework they can't understand, or taking an extra shift for an upset co-worker, there is always a way to impact our fellow man or woman, and one of the best ways is to see things in their point of view.

If this speech has inspired people for the better, I'm hoping that it was their ability to see people's ideas that has been changed for the better. By doing this, our schools, workforce, country, and world can become a much better place. With more teamwork, cooperation,and respect amongst each other, it's plain to see that no negative can come from respecting the perspectives of others.
© Copyright 2011 one with the ostriches (dajordanperson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767990-Respecting-other-perspectives