*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768180-A-Waiger-in-Time--Chapter-3
by J.L.R.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Friendship · #1768180
Two friends make a deal with a witch and get sent into their favorite book.
CHAPTER 3





         The two friends looked at each other and shrugged. "Why not," Jennifer said. Megan agreed and they made their way around the glass counter and through the door of beads. "Wow, I like your place." Jennifer said as she scanned the room. It was a good size living room they found themselves in with nice old fashioned furnishings. The woman motioned for them to sit down in two chairs opposite her. She sat in a love seat and the table between them had a tray of cookies. "Please sit down and make yourselves comfortable. Try some of my cookies, I had just finished them when you girls showed up."

         "Thank you." Megan said snatching a chocolate ship one for herself. "So I guess you want to know about my deal, but first I think we should become better acquainted. My name is Cielya and I own this little book store." She said and Megan choked a bit on her cookie. "You don't mean you're Cielya Grandsor do you" She asked. "Yes, I am Cielya Grandsor and I wrote the book The Gypsy and The Gentleman." "Why didn't you tell us before?" Jennifer asked. She wouldn't be surprised if the woman told her that she was a gypsy at that moment.

         "Why should I have, do you tell everyone you meet who you are and what things you have done?" Cielya said and went on before Jennifer could reply. "Now you have met the author, but," She looked at Megan, "What would you give if I told you the rest of the story?" She held her hand up stopping Jennifer from questioning her further. Jennifer knew then that this woman was something more than just an old lady that owned a book store and published a book. She was convinced that Cielya actually was a gypsy or witch or something but she couldn't figure out what she was after from them. Megan stole a glance at Jennifer from the corner of her eye. Jennifer didn't look happy and Megan was feeling a bit odd about the whole thing too, but she did want to here the woman's story. "I don't know, I mean what could I possible have that you would want? I'm not rich or anything." Megan said.

         "She said she wanted us to do a favor for her friend remember Megan." Jennifer said. "Oh thats right; so what is it that your friend needs help with?" Megan asked Cielya. The woman eyed them both smiling. "Well we shall get to that but first tell me about yourselves. I would like to know more about the people I will be entrusting with my secrets before we agree to anything."

"Oh I'm sorry that's rude of us; my name is Megan and this is my friend Jennifer. We both love to read and I like to write a little myself. That's why we stopped by your store." Megan smiled but Cielya just sat there watching her so Jennifer spoke up. "I'm Jennifer, I'm twenty-six, I work as a secretary at a law office and part time at a home for the mentaly ill." She sighed suddenly feeling tired."I'm very sorry my dear." Cielya said with an understanding that no common person would be capable of. Jennifer looked away, she knew that something had happened in the store and she didn't want the woman catching her with her peering eyes again.

© Copyright 2011 J.L.R. (jen456170 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768180-A-Waiger-in-Time--Chapter-3