*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768863-The-Witching-Hour
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1768863
a scary story
Deep within the bowels of the Earth, further than any man made technology could perceive, is a conglomerate of evil entities, commonly known as Hell. This place, this Hell, is even more horrendous than if one were to combine man's tragedies, into one singular event. And every six hundred and sixty-six years, at midnight on the first new moon of the year a doorway opens between the three realms of Heaven, Earth, and Hell for one hour.
It is during such a time when little Johnny can't sleep. He does not know about the Witching Hour, nobody does, but he knows something is off. Slipping out of bed in his blue pajamas, he silently creeps out of his room and slinks down the hallway to his parents' bedroom. The door is ajar so he walks in and a gruesome scene assaults his innocent eyes. He lets out a shrill cry and races down the stairs and out the door, like a bat out of hell. Quite suddenly, he hears heavy panting sounding from behind him and he turns to look. Chasing him is a Hell Hound, twice as tall as he, its coat on fire, and slobber pouring from its jaw. Johnny runs behind a shed, wailing hopelessly, and the hound follows. There is a scuffle, the heart-rending scream ceases, and the hound casually saunters into view, blood on its maw. Poor Johnny never does.

Welcome to the Witching Hour.

© Copyright 2011 Sicklemore Diffindel (genes92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768863-The-Witching-Hour