*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769364-History-of-suppression-of-revolution
Rated: E · Other · Political · #1769364
the use of weapons at suppression of revolution
History of suppression of revolution



Revolution may be defined as rapid change in political, social, economic system/condition by the participation of public.



From the birth of revolution, it has met with rapid suppression. It took massive depression, desire for change and injustice till people go super-nova.  In fact people took weapons for the revolution and get involve in civil war.

Some of the first revolutions of the world are: American War of Independence, French Revolution.



Security forces were used to kill all who were involved in revolution. At those stages guns and other small weapons were used.



Revolution was not something a normal man could chew. Ordinary people will never even dream of revolution.



The world changed when Mahatma Gandhi raise a new concept. Concept of peaceful revolution.  This gained extreme popularity and inspired commoners to start revolution.



Torture and murder were common techniques to suppress revolution. But, china made a history. Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 was suppressed with the use of military with tanks. It still creates the history of highest number of people killed in protest.



We thought that china crossed the limit. But, as time grew by tanks were not enough. In the present Middle East revolution in Libya. They used aircrafts to suppress protest.



I just hope they will not use atom bomb next time.

© Copyright 2011 shubhajeet (shubhajeet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769364-History-of-suppression-of-revolution