*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769934-Hey-Babe
Rated: E · Draft · Drama · #1769934
Just a sudden fiction that I have been working on.
“Hello? You there babe…? Hello?”
-click-
Ok… weird, Jill thought as she bent down to pick up the stack of papers she dropped trying to get to her phone. Of course it was in the bottom of the bag. Or her ‘Mary Poppins bag’ as Chris would like to call it. She always pulled out the strangest things and it seemed to be never ending. Chris, her boyfriend, had been acting weird like that the past couple months. Calling and then hanging up, coming over, then getting a text and having to leave. Chris was an odd type to begin with. He had little quirks about him that Jill loved: he preferred sad songs to happy songs and threw away the lids to the toothpaste tubes. Stuff like that made her love him even more. Chris and Jill had been together four years. She could have swore that he even tried to ask her to marry him a couple times in the past week… maybe that was why he was acting so weird, because he was so nervous.
-ring-
“Hey baby, I have something really exciting to tell you!
“Don’t talk. Just listen to me. I cheated on you. Alice, your best friend, and I have been together for about two and a half months now, and I love her. I really do. And don’t even think about blaming me, this is your fault. You introduced me to her, you wouldn’t have sex with me in months, and you have been too busy with work to even bother texting me. I’m not sorry for anything because you did this. And…”
-click-
… “What do I do with the baby?”
© Copyright 2011 Kit_Kat (ktlynnsmith1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769934-Hey-Babe