*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770315-Questioning--Betrayal
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1770315
Im 13 and this is my first short story. Some strong language. Thanks for reading.
    “Will you ever know how much I love you, James? How much i’ve given up for you?! I left the only family I had so I could be with you. And now you don’t want me?! I gave up my life for you, I killed for you!”. She was seething with rage. How could he do this to her? After all she’d done for him. “I know you did!...I just...I just can’t take it anymore.” James replied. “You can’t take it anymore. I’m the one that killed her, i’m the one that has to live with that guilt!” “I know!” He screamed as she collapsed on the floor “...Do you? ...I don’t think you understand!” She got up and shoved him against the wall. “I killed Sarah so your family wouldn’t be murdered. And I even made sure the it looked like suicide. I did the ultimate betrayal to my best friend ...my family... just so you could be live and be happy with yours...” Tears started streaming down her face as she thought about her best friend. Sarah was really the only family Karin had. She really thought of her as a sister.
                                                                                        ***
    “Hey Kar!” Sarah called to her brunette friend. “Hey Sarah...” Karin replied. “What’s wrong? you seem distraught.” Sarah asked when she caught up to her friend. “It’s nothing... really i’m fine...” Karin said even though she knew her friend would see right through the act. “You know I can read you like an open book.” Sarah waited for a reply. When none came she said “If you don’t tell me now you know i’ll find out later.” Sarah said with a smirk on her face. Karin let out a sigh because she knew Sarah would never find out what was wrong until it was too late...

Sarah waited for a replied and sighed when she didn’t get one. “Whatever. Guess i’ll find out later.” Sarah said annoyed. “Hey, I got a surprise for you.” Karin said. “Really?! What is it?!” Sarah squealed. She loved surprises. “ Im going to make today the best day of your life. So we’re going to you favorite place.” Karin hated going to the lake but she was determined to make Sarah’s last day her best. “Really!... But you hate the lake...” Sarah said as her brief happiness faded away. “I know but, like I said, i’m going to make today the best day of your life. Not mine.”  Karin said suddenly sad at how true her words were. “Have I ever told you that your the best friend I ever had?” Sarah asked with a huge smile plastered on her face. Karin simply laughed at the blonde and said “C’mon, lets go.”

    It took a while for them to get to the lake, with them not having bathing suits and all. So when they finally got there even Karin was ready to jump in the water. “Whoever gets there first is a pile of dog crap.” Sarah said trying to submerge her giggles at her own quote. “Oh please. That’s such a childish-”. Karin stop mid sentence and took off running. “Hey, no fair!” Sarah yelled as she tried to catch up to her friend. Karin stop at the edge of the water and turned around. “Ha! I win.” She said. “Oh yeah?” Sarah said right before tackling her into the water. Both girls bursted into laughter as they came up to the surface. “Looks like I’m a wet pile of dog crap.” Sarah said and both girls once again erupted in a fit of laughter.

    The girls swam and played until it got dark. “ Hey, it’s getting late. We should call it a day.” Sarah said. “Alright, let blow this popsicle stick.” Karin said. “Why do you say that? It’s so... wrong sounding.” Sarah said as they got out of the water. “That’s exactly why I say it. Because it sounds wrong.” Karin said with a smile. “Wow... just... wow.” Sarah said. Karin laughed at the blonde as they got there towels. “I’ll take that as you thinking that it’s the best phrase you ever heard.” Karin said grinning. “Oh whatever.” Sarah said to the brunette as they got in the car.

    Sarah unlocked the door to her apartment and stepped in. “C’mon in.” she said. Karin had been dreading this moment for almost a week now. The moment she would kill her best friend... her sister. She walked into the apartment and stood there while Sarah sat on the couch. “C’mon lets watch American Idol or something.” Karin just stood there looking at here friend. ‘How am I suppose to kill my sister?’ she asked herself. “Kar?” Sarah asked getting up. “Sarah... you know I love you like a sister right?” Karin asked shaking. “Karin, of course, I love you like a sister too. What’s wrong?” Sarah said getting worried. “...I’m sorry” Karin said tackling Sarah and choking her. “... Kar... what...” Sarah barely managed to choke out. “I’M SORRY!!!!!” Karin screamed, tears running down her face like a waterfall. Sarah started scratching at Karin’s hands trying to get out from under her. Karin applied more pressure to Sarah’s neck saying “I love you,  forgive me...” Sarah’s eyes started closing as her pulse slowed. She soon closed her eyes and her pulse stopped. “Forgive me, sister.” She said as she stood up. She took some rope out of her bag and tied it around Sarah’s neck. She then tied the rope to the ceiling fan and propped a chair next to Sarah’s dangling body so it looked like she killed herself. She wiped her tears that were still falling and said, “I loved you, Please... forgive me...”.
                                                                                        ***
    Karin opened her eyes, now filled with tears and looked at James. He made her do this. He  wanted Sarah dead. “You ...Bastard!” Karin screamed as she swung at James connecting right with his jaw, knocking him down. “... You little Bitch!” He yelled as he shoved her in to the kitchen, knocking everything down. “You don’t ever lay your hands on me you dumb bitch!” James said. Karin search the floor for something she could use as a weapon. She smiled when she found a knife. She got up and pointed it at him. James backed up and said, “Oh, c’mon, we both know your not going to do anything with that so just-” He was stopped mid sentence when she swung the knife at him, slicing his cheek. Then James just looked at her, like he wanted her to die. He turned and ran for their bedroom, and she instantly knew what he was going to do. She ran after him. He went to the dresser and opened the draw grabbing the gun but Karin tackled him causing him to drop it. She ran for the gun, dropping the knife, and picked it up. She walked up to James pointing the gun at his head. “K-Karin... c’mon you d-don’t want to d-do this...” He said stuttering. “Oh yes, I do. Pay back’s a bitch, isn’t it?” Karin said with a smile and pulled back the hammer on the gun. “I hate you, don’t forgive me.” She said as she pulled the trigger. “You get nothing from betrayal.”
© Copyright 2011 Aticilef Sevein (i-lovith-you at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770315-Questioning--Betrayal