*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770453-Passion-of-Christ-An-Essay
Rated: E · Essay · Religious · #1770453
He is God Who became a Man to be a Saviour of our souls.
          Countless stories have been passed from one generation to another. We have heard and have told limitless wonders of both fantasy and reality. Some became legends to the literary world. Others may not have shined like the rest but will always remain true to its value.
          Endless tales of sorrow, hope and eternal love has always captured the hearts of readers and perhaps the greatest of these tales may not be the most popular nor the most loved.
          He was a King with enormous riches the world could ever imagine. He is the Son of the Most High sent to be the Messiah. He is Lord and Saviour of our souls. The Way, the Truth and the Life. None is like Him, for HE IS WHO HE IS.
          Surely you recognize the One of which I speak of. He was betrayed by one of His disciples and denied by a man He called as His friend thrice, whom in which promised that he would go with Him until the depths of death.
        The Pharisees  hated Him and had Him arrested in the accusation of committing blasphemy. “I am the Messiah..the King of Jews..the Son of God..”
          He was sent to judgement in the presence of the Romans. The Roman king could not bear to bring judgement without asking Him to defend Himself. “I only speak the truth,” He says. But what is truth?
          Truth is not about facts. Facts are things the human eyes could see to attest something to be correct or prove one thing wrong.  Truth on the other hand, is something you believe in. It something your heart believes in, even without any proof; for how can we say that there are more wonders to be discovered if we haven’t seen it?  What would be the worth of the journey to discovery of the unknown if the truth is only based in facts?
          The Roman king found Him innocent of the accusation being thrown at Him but the people insisted. And so He was sent to the king of the Galileans, King Herod. But even with the Galilean king, He was guiltless and was brought back  to the Romans. There, He was scarred, wounded and battered. His beard was pulled off from the roots of His skin. His body was pierced down to His deepest agony. His face was deformed, that He couldn’t be recognized anymore. His bones peeped through His flesh and skin, proving just how brutal and merciless His punishment was.
          Every sharp weapon used at Him left endless trails of blood. It was supposed to be a small punishment, just enough to keep the people from uprising but His slaughtered body was left half alive.
          His mother, stood in the crowd of traitors. She could do nothing but to see her Child almost dying in pain and agony, punished for a crime He is not worthy of. This left her eyes flooding in incessant traces of tears.
          After chastisement, He was brought back to the face of His people. With never-ending pain written all over His precious body, He stood there.
          The scars and wounds were not enough for the Pharisees and the multitude He had called His. “Crucify Him!” the crowd roared.
        The king of the Romans sent out another prisoner, a murderer. He questioned the people  to choose between the two captives, the wounded or the fool.
        The people chose to set the murderer free and back to where they stood, and sent the One who helped, cured and fed them, to crucifixion.
          Along the way to Calvary, He was beaten still. He was struck, hit and mocked by His people, the mass who once proclaimed He was King.
          He carried the cross on His back, together with the burdens of the world to His last destination.
          Yes. He was a Man- a God who became a Man to be the Saviour of our souls. He was punished and crucified for the sins we’ve made. He took our place- the sinners’ place in Calvary.
          He is Christ Jesus, Son of Man and Son of God. No one goes to the Father but through Him. He is the Greatest Truth of which world could ever know.
© Copyright 2011 bloodyrose (kyotsuze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770453-Passion-of-Christ-An-Essay