*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770733-Home-Part-3
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1770733
The story of how Lia, a Daughter of Eve, returns home from Home.
Anyway, back to the story. They reached the Selection. After knocking seventeen times, the door was opened after exactly seventeen seconds. The Fellowship was told to wait in a room with seventeen chairs while one of the seventeen secretaries went in to see if the Selection would see them. After seventeen minutes, the secretary returned and said they could enter. They entered the room where the Selection worked, and saw that there were seventeen of them present. (The entire Selection of Sorcerers consists of 289 Sorcerers, or seventeen seventeens.)

“What do you want?” Gandalf asked.

“Please sir,” Lia said. “I want to go home.”

“I thought that was what she wanted,” the Wicked Witch of the West said, pointing at Dorothy.

“Oh, I already got home,” Dorothy said. “Now I'm staying Home.”

“Have you tried returning the same way Dorothy did?” Glenda asked. “As I recall, it worked perfectly for her.”

Lia nodded sadly. She had clicked her heels last night while wearing the glittering ruby slippers. It hadn't worked.

“And so you want us to send you home, eh?” Dumbledore asked.

“Yes, if you please,” Lia replied.

“Well, we don't please,” Voldemort said. “So leave.”

“Oh, be kind now Tom,” Dumbledore said. “After all, what harm could it do to send her home?”

“That's the problem,” Voldemort replied. “It wouldn't cause any harm. Wait a minute, yes it might.” He turned to Lia, a large, fake smile on his face. “It's very simple, how to get home girl. Normally, I wouldn't even consider helping, but I like to get mudbloods out Home as quickly as possible. Go to the Ghost Grotto and find the BridgeMaster. He will be able to link our worlds for long enough for you to return to yours.”

“Thank you very much, sir. Thank you very much!” Lia cried. And with that, their seventeen minute meeting was over and she and the others had to leave.

Once they were outside again, she turned to Dorothy.

“What's the Ghost Grotto?”

“I assume you're asking me because I'm a ghost?” Lia nodded. Dorothy sighed. “Well, don't. I don't have a clue what it is.”

“I do,” Tina said. “It's right here,” She pointed on the map. “It's where ghosts go when they retire.”

“Well, what are we waiting for,” Lamilda asked. “It's close by. The quicker we get there, the quicker we get rid of Lia! Let's go!”



The others weren't quite as enthusiastic about it as Lamilda, but they still made good time to the Grotto. Once they arrived, it was simple enough to get directions to the BridgeMaster. Once they found him and made their request, he just stared at them.

“A bridge?” he asked. “To another world? You want me to make a bridge to another world? Is that even possible?” He raised a hand to cut off their outcries. “And even if it was possible, have you ever heard the stories about such bridges? They contain a good number of warnings, let me tell you.”

“We don't care!” Lamilda told him. “Just make the stinkin' bridge already.”

The BridgeMaster eyed her. “I don't think I like your tone, missy. But I will make the bridge. For this little lady here though, not for you.” He indicated Lia. “She should be able to get home.”

“But I thought you said it was impossible,” Tina said.

The BridgeMaster tapped the side of his nose. “Oh, ho, you'll find I never said that. I just asked you if it was possible. Quite a difference there. And now if you don't mind, I'll get started on the bridge.” And that's exactly what he did.



Very soon after, he called them back over.

“It is done,” he said. “Use it as you will. I'm going to bed.” And with that, he walked off.

“Thank you!” Lia called after him. He answered with a wave. Then Lia turned back to the Fellowship. “Well, I guess this is good-bye.”

I've always hated good-byes, so I'll not go into detail about them. Suffice to say they were all tearful (except for Lamilda), and none of them (except Lamilda) were happy to see Lia go.

Good-byes said, Lia walked over to the bridge. And then disaster struck. Behind her, she heard a wordless scream and she turned. Ghost's Grotto was swarming with BadGuys. And right there in the front was Voldemort.

“Fools!” he cried. “Did you really think I'd help you? You have just opened the way. Now any of us can travel between your world and ours!”

Suddenly, a great light appeared on the western horizon. It got closer and closer until you could see it was a lion. And then the light disappeared, but the lion stayed. And roared. It was like nothing any of them had ever heard before. It was deafening, but most of all it lasted. Even after the lion's mouth was shut, they could still hear that roar, echoing in their ears.

The BadGuys retreated in disarray, and Lia stepped forward.

“Who are you?” she asked the lion.

“I am who I am,” he replied simply. “But I am called Aslan. Now listen closely little one, to what I have to tell you. You have just unleashed an evil on your land. Yet it is an evil that might yet turn into a good.”

“But how could it be good?” Lia sked. “They'll take over the world and destroy it.”

Aslan looked at her sadly. “Little one, there is no mistake that cannot be forgiven. This can be righted. It will not be easy, however. To make it so only a select few can go over this bridge, it will need a guardian. Someone will have to give up everything and guard this entryway for the rest of eternity.”

The girl looked up at the lion with tears in her eyes. “Oh Aslan. Is there no other way?” The lion sadly shook his head.

Lia wiped her eyes on the back of her hand. “If only I had listened to the BridgeMaster's warning. What would have happened then?”

The great lion looked at her. “It is never told what would have happened,” he said.

“Lamilda, no!” Tina cried. Lia turned to see the green and red striped figure standing in the middle of the bridge.

“Oh Tina, can't you be quiet for just one minute?” she asked grumpily.

“Lamilda, what are you doing?” Lia asked. “Get down off of there. I was going to be the guardian.”

“Oh, come on,” the elf replied. “You don't really want to.'

“Well, no,” was the reply. “But neither do you!”

“Is that really true?” Lamilda asked. “Do I really not want to do this?” She gave Lia a rueful smile. “I might as well. After all, given the way I've behaved, I'm probably on the Naughty List anyway.” And with a wave of her hand, she crossed the bridge and disappeared.



Our story is basically over now. One of the BadGuys didn't believe the Bridge was sealed off from them. He tried crossing the bridge and was taken care of. Then the BadGuys slowly dispersed and Lia crossed the bridge and went home, where she found the same thing as the Kings and Queens of Narnia. No time had passed while she was gone.



And that is the story of Home, where all magic and imagination comes from. It is said that once someone visits it, they will remember their time there more vividly than anything else in their life. It is definitely true that Lia after her adventure, Lia was always more imaginative that anyone else in her family. And that was passed down, through the generations. But she isn't the only one who has gone to Home. Not even close. Lamilda is quite busy. She's let in J.R.R. Tolkein, J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis, Ted Geisel (you probably know him as Dr. Seuss), and all the others who wrote down the amazing stories taking place all the time in Home. Or Middle Earth. Or Narnia. Or whatever you want to call it.



Tales used:

Lord of the Rings

Narnia

The Wizard of Oz

Alice in Wonderland

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Peter Pan

The Septimus Head series

Looney Tunes

Hansel and Gretel

Snow White

Repunzel

Three Billy Goats Gruff

Three Little Pigs

Little Red Riding Hood

Harry Potter





I hope you enjoyed this. Parts 1 and 2 are in my portfolio, if you haven't already read them. If you decide to leave a review, I would love to hear any constructive criticism you have, as well as any suggestions or questions. If there are any grammar/spelling problems, I'd like to hear about those too, although I think I've already caught most (if not all) of them. If you don't leave a review, I hope you'll leave a rating.
© Copyright 2011 Solembum (solembum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770733-Home-Part-3