*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770818-WHO-AM-I-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1770818
DEFINING SELF
WHO AM I?





I hear the alarm ring wake up and find a new day, off to the side is a scary version of myself.

A reflection of time and sadness of loss, Mirrors define the outlook of one’s self. However, who sees the Inside, of me and does anyone really care. I have become someone I do not know, someone.

That stopped caring about me, I find myself only doing what I have to do, go where my responsibility lies.

Then I close the door and lock myself inside.

I can close my eyes and see the changes I must make. I have to fill the loss of my dad dying.

Find a way to restore my heart, to let it beat again from a loss of a love. I gave my soul to them, and they walked away; these losses have redefined who I am.

I find myself laughing around people, pretending everything is ok. Mean while my insides are dying.

Who am I, I ask myself, in the mirror? And then it hits me. I am the one who doesn’t want to change.

Who hides when they can, I am weak, a deserter from my own self?

Who am I? I am a soul a waiting a cleansing.

By BD.

© Copyright 2011 bd10324 (bd10324 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770818-WHO-AM-I-