*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770941-Literacy
by joe
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #1770941
all can be achieved if you let it
Adventures and romance abound. Come child, and climb upon my knee, and I will tell you the story of my life. So many years have passed since I was born, four score and more, and nary a regret do I have.
In my younger days, I traveled the world chasing dreams and tempting fate. Climbing great mountains just to see the view. Crocodiles stared in awe the day I swam the Nile. I have watched the sun as it rose and kissed the Sphinx, and I have watched it set behind the Eiffel Tower. I have enjoyed fine wine in Rome, and sipped tea in Shanghai. I have Strolled the Great Wall of China, the Burma Trail and even the Alcan Highway. In later years I dined with world leaders to numerous to name, and I have shared a meal with the Zulu's in Africa.I have been loved by some of the most beautiful woman in the world, and told not a soul. I have walked through Times Square in a ticker tape parade, and have crossed the Serengeti during the rainy season.
The Trophy's I've collected through the years are kept locked away for my pleasure only, and not for others to mock. I have faced wild animals and lived to tell the tale. I have fought many battles and grew to know the horrors of war.
As I grew older and began to slow down, the dangers may have become fewer,  but the adventures never ended.  I have studied the stars, the seas and the sands. I can speak 12 languages, though fluent in none. The years have treated me will and I can not complain.
I am older than my age and younger than my years, I am wise beyond knowledge but still in awe of the smallest things. A wealth to great to measure is what I give to you.
i have done all this my child and so can you, if you can learn to embrace the written word as I have.
© Copyright 2011 joe (coutch56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770941-Literacy