*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771062-Day-3---your-parents
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1771062
letter 3 - something i wrote a while back
Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you, thank you, thank you… and the thank you just keep going…

first thank you because you have been there whole my life (i know thats what parents are for) but you got me through like finding the right schools even though it meant i had to bored when i was 6! it means i am speaking now and it has made me who i am and i cant imagine who i would have been if i didnt go to the schools you sent me and i be completely different if i didn’t have the speech and language problem, and you made me realise this is me and i cant change that – so thank you again!

second thank you kind of linked to the last part of the first thank you – thank you for making me realise this is me and i shouldn’t hide it… people should know that i had a speech and language problem and if they can accept it then they would be a great person if they cant they are loosing out on someone like me! so thank you for making me realise this is me and i should be able to be around other people! (not everyone from school done that – they have no job and they hate that they had the problem, so i have been very lucky)

third thank you because you saw a job when i turned 18 and i was able to come home finally… and i am enjoying the working life and seeing you every day- and i am sorry that i didnt show it very well when i could! and then i was helping with Brownies and Guides which has made me confident to do things and meet people! then i joined phoenix and church choir and that helped me soooo much!

forth thank you because you got me to go on a tall sailing boat trip which i loved and made me work as a team with half disability and half without and i made loads of friends who i stay in touch with! i am also grateful as i am so much more confident with myself. so i got more confident and was able to help and work with other people!

fifth thank you for the amazing wedding you planned for us, it was a perfect day! and I couldnt of asked anything better!

there is so many more to thank you but i can go on for ever!

one more thank you:

THANK YOU FOR BEING THE BEST AND AMAZING PARENTS – i couldn’t ask for anything better!!!

Lots of love

xxxxx
© Copyright 2011 Annabel Hughes (kirbyland1986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771062-Day-3---your-parents