*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771128-Shooting-Star-Dust
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1771128
Where does it go?
When you look up upon the vast nocturne sky, perhaps you glimpse a shooting star, do you make a wish?

To be so lucky to sight one of the universe’s wonders, to truly be aware of the undertaking of a single meteorite shooting across our night sky, burning, disintegrating into dust as it reaches our atmosphere.

What happens after that? The ardent ‘star’ has melted, wilted away, and we’ve made our wish. Is there anything more to the brief impinge on human kind?

This shooting star has more than just scratched the surface of ourselves. It is abiding, forever in our minds and hearts, hoping that the moment the star was alight it would heed to our wishes.

But what happens of the dust it creates? Does it float off into the abyss of the Universe? Or does it float back down to Earth, perpetually touching the lives of us all?

It is the consecration from Heaven. Not only does it grant our wish, but blesses us all in its fall.

It is the adornment of a fallen star.



© Copyright 2011 Amanda Marlee (dreamscreaming at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771128-Shooting-Star-Dust