*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771286-Kingdom-of-the-Sea
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1771286
I am calling from the Kingdom of the Sea
I am calling from the kingdom of the sea. A kingdom where there is no chaotic turmoil of the relentless pursuit of conurbation, a kingdom which knows no limits but crafts a new horizon as I cover the old ones, a kingdom where people live their moments in the memories of their near and dear ones and keep longing for the hour to be with them again. So who am I ? I am just a custodian of this kingdom.

When the whole world retires to siesta in the deep darkness of the night I hold the helm of this kingdom and steer by the waves. I stand by the hours of darkness searching for the light at the horizon when the stars keep twinkling up in the sky. I smell the fresh breeze of the ocean as I cross the miles of deep waters behind me. Do I have any friend here ??? Well yes. I do have a friend. A different one indeed. I named him Sparrow. Jack sparrow from the Carribean Islands. Though Jack flew on our ship as we were passing the Mindoro Straits and stayed here being mislaid from his home I prefer to think that he is my Captain jack Sparrow.

During midnight when I stand on the Bridge Wing with the gentle breeze brushing my hair Jack comes with the deepest silence of the waters and sits beside me. We keep gazing at the stars and the moon and the Milky Way with the shooting stars winking amidst the cloudless sky. We talk to each other in our own dialect but we never bother to shatter the saccharine hush we have due to the gap of parlance. And at the break of the dawn when the sun peeps from the hazy horizon I welcome the new day with the shimmering ray of hope in my heart that the unfolding of each moment in the pursuit of self actualization will get better. And Jack …. Jack keeps looking at the blonde horizon until the sun touches the sky and starts traversing circuiting the daily routine of ours and then he flies up and up away maybe in search of his little home he has left behind till he is all bushed with the smothering smoke from the Funnel blowing with the gushing of the Ship’s mighty engine. He flies back to me in despair and complains with his utmost loutish arrogance as I raise his spirits with the hope of finding his home someday. Life is all about expectations. An unfulfilled dream, a utopian reverie, and shore behind the waves that we cross - something resembling the sea I am in. So here is my kingdom. The kingdom of the sea.

© Copyright 2011 Maverick (co_arnabroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771286-Kingdom-of-the-Sea